NDSU did us a favor tonight IMO

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Good lord get a grip. Let your wife keep your sack in her purse, which I am guessing this already is the case. The pansy *** ***** fanbase needs to step up and grow a pair and play teams worth a ****. Beating **** bag schools gives us no cred, if we are ready to make the next step like so many on here want to claim lets step up the competition. Or we can continue to celebrate beating the UNI's of the world. At some point the pessimistic whiners who are fine with beating FCS need to move on and be ready to face teams with a pulse if we want the respect everyone on here think we deserve.

If that hurts UNI's fanbase and athletic budget I could care less. Besides there is not a true UNI fan in this state anyway. They are all hawk fans anyway. **** UNI.
Props to you for finishing your drunken rant with minimal spelling errors!

On a more serious note, I don't think you can debunk UNI as if they're so much worse than NDSU. Their game last year was 33-21, which isn't terribly lopsided, nor was UNI really that good last year. UNI is a consistent playoff qualifier at the FCS level. If I had to compare their success at the FCS level to an FBS team, I would probably say they are equivalent to a Texas/Stanford/Florida State caliber of team, in their respective division of football. Point I'm trying to make is that in terms of scheduling FCS opponents, ISU could be doing a heck of a lot worse than UNI. I mean who goes out of their way to play Missouri State, anyways? :spinny:

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
The last FBS team to beat NDSU was Iowa State in Rhoads' first game as head coach.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Totally. Get them off the schedule Pollard has really put ISU behind the 8 ball with some moronic scheduling. POllard giving Tulsa, Toledo, and SJ State (huge sleeping giant a good Bay area prospect only has a 50% chance of qualifying at Cal or Stanford so if you wanna stay home thats the only option in one of the 5 biggest metro areas in the US) return games and not even getting 2 for 1s is CRIMINAL!

UNLV of course in 7 years is a team you gladly play on the road since its a summer bowl game for the fans but those 3 games are just as ******* stupid as NDST.

Why the **** would a Big 12 team give Toledo a return game? IS Florida going there?

God you are dumb... I mean discount the fact that OU went to UTEP, or Texas went to Wyoming... Maybe learn the dynamics of how scheduling is now before you post your faux outrage.

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
Totally. Get them off the schedule Pollard has really put ISU behind the 8 ball with some moronic scheduling. POllard giving Tulsa, Toledo, and SJ State (huge sleeping giant a good Bay area prospect only has a 50% chance of qualifying at Cal or Stanford so if you wanna stay home thats the only option in one of the 5 biggest metro areas in the US) return games and not even getting 2 for 1s is CRIMINAL!

UNLV of course in 7 years is a team you gladly play on the road since its a summer bowl game for the fans but those 3 games are just as ******* stupid as NDST.

Why the **** would a Big 12 team give Toledo a return game? IS Florida going there?

Don't drink and post.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
It costs an extra 2-300k to not have to go back to Toledo. That is money ISU is guaranteed to recoup by playing a home game against anyone.

You are playing with fire when you schedule teams like that because if you get a good MAC or MWC team in their year when they are the best team in that conference they are literally impossible to beat on the road. Did you see how well Rutgers played last night only to lose in Fresno?

Hey, UNLV was a great team to schedule home and home I gave Pollard props for that since its 2 easy wins and a fun summer bowl game for the fans. The other 3 are stupid.

NDST was scheduled a long time ago but could have been cancelled long ago as well after the first national championship. Do you really feel good about opening up against them next year?

I get what you are saying overall, but nothing would scream "coward" louder than doing what you suggest. As a team in a top BCS conference, there is absolutely no way in hell we should back out of this game simply because they've had success.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Meh, U of I Cedar Falls is no where near as good as NDSU.

The point being made is that an FCS team should not be beating a Big 12 team, but it can happen, not whether NDSU is better than UNI.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
This thread has an amazing amount of fail in it. K-State craps the bed against NDSU and all of a sudden people are scared of every "pay to play" school on the schedule for a decade. Pathetic! As CyCrazy says grow a pair, relax, take a deep breath, and prepare to watch ISU boot stomp that donkey of a team from CedarFalls.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
It costs an extra 2-300k to not have to go back to Toledo. That is money ISU is guaranteed to recoup by playing a home game against anyone.

You are playing with fire when you schedule teams like that because if you get a good MAC or MWC team in their year when they are the best team in that conference they are literally impossible to beat on the road. Did you see how well Rutgers played last night only to lose in Fresno?

Hey, UNLV was a great team to schedule home and home I gave Pollard props for that since its 2 easy wins and a fun summer bowl game for the fans. The other 3 are stupid.

NDST was scheduled a long time ago but could have been cancelled long ago as well after the first national championship. Do you really feel good about opening up against them next year?

Ummmm, we lost in Las Vegas and just about lost in Ames....unless you are talking about the future games in which there is no guarantee those would be easy wins either

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Oh, and this doesn't change a damn thing for our prep or attitude. If they went through the motions in practice this week and just thought we'd be able to beat UNI tonight because we're in the Big 12 we're going to be in for a long game tonight. I'm guessing they were just as focused in practice this week as they would've been if we were playing any Big 12 team on the schedule.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Oh, and this doesn't change a damn thing for our prep or attitude. If they went through the motions in practice this week and just thought we'd be able to beat UNI tonight because we're in the Big 12 we're going to be in for a long game tonight. I'm guessing they were just as focused in practice this week as they would've been if we were playing any Big 12 team on the schedule.

Exactly! The fear in this thread is embarrassing.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
NDSU returned almost all of their starters but will lose a lot of multi-year starters this year just as KSU did last year. We will be more experienced next year. Shouldn't be an issue.