Lick having emergency surgery?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Jon Miller just reported on HN that Dolph said the docs say Lick will be fine and they will be commenting on it after the game.

Good news. If it's from Dolph and Miller it's probably accurate as well. Hope it is something that was one time fluke kind of thing and not a life altering condition emerging. Prayers for the Lick family.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Here's the chatter I'm reading now. Two things.

This was posted from storminspank on HN...

"Lickliter had test yesterday, in the hospital the next couple of days. The doctor said Lickliter should be back next week. Some sort of medical procedure that Todd will talk about a little more next week."

Other chatter I've been reading so take it with a grain of salt but the rumor going around is that it was an anuerism. Like I said however that info there isn't confirmed.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Another more solid update. And I'm going to paraphrase since this is premium info. Lick had surgery yesterday and is doing well. Uncertain when he will be back on the bench. Team doc was asked if this was due to the migraines and he declined comment. Said he will leave it up to Lick's family to reveal when and if they release any more details.

This is probably the best info out there.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Thanks for the updates. It sounds encouraging and I'm happy things look good. Man, was that a sick feeling when I first saw the title of the thread earlier.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Could be bleeding in his brain. Happened to my dad 2 years ago...came out of nowhere and was caused by him accidentally hitting his head on a 2x4 in our garage.

Hope everything comes out okay for him.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Another more solid update. And I'm going to paraphrase since this is premium info. Lick had surgery yesterday and is doing well. Uncertain when he will be back on the bench. Team doc was asked if this was due to the migraines and he declined comment. Said he will leave it up to Lick's family to reveal when and if they release any more details.

This is probably the best info out there.

I don't mean to derail the thread or start a big political discussion, but why the hell is that premium info??

Hoping for the best for Coach Lick.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
I don't mean to derail the thread or start a big political discussion, but why the hell is that premium info??

Hoping for the best for Coach Lick.

It was posted on a Hawkeye premium board but then I noticed it was also posted on the free board. Don't want to get kicked off the premium board for sharing info I shouldn't. I'm assuming since this was so serious however they probably felt obligated to let everybody know.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
It was posted on a Hawkeye premium board but then I noticed it was also posted on the free board. Don't want to get kicked off the premium board for sharing info I shouldn't. I'm assuming since this was so serious however they probably felt obligated to let everybody know.

Ok, I understand.. I just thought it was odd at first that something of this nature would be kept premium. Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron