Liberty Mutual's Coach of the Year! (VOTE)

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
Do I have to have an answer as to why I think that Rhoads is a better coach than 99.9% of all coaches? I'm a fan of Rhoads. There.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
Couldnt think of a picture to describe what I was thinking yet. But I do like this one quite a bit:
1268253375381.jpg

Called it!!!

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
Wow you must be a mind reader or something
l_1092293.jpg

And he does it again.
Come on Moonrock, can't you communicate without pictures? Use your words, man. I know they're tough to think of and even tougher to spell, but I know you can do it. Just furrow your brow and go for it!

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
I hear that people who are of your caliber learn better when pictures are involved. Just helping a fellow Cyclone out.

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
I'm a huge fan of Bob Stoops, but I don't think he deserves COY.

Likability and COY are two different things.

Yes, but that is why I vote for him and think he deserves it. Iowa State is my college and I will vote for it in pretty much any situation.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Name a reason to not vote for CPR...let me guess our W L record and scores cuz we did get pounded 3 games but im just saying you cant just look at stats we had the hardest record in the nation and coming out with a chance to go to a bowl game for the second season in a row is pretty big IMO

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
It'd be nice to someday see CPR win some sort of coach of the year award, but let's be honest, this isn't the year. Had the 2-pt attempt against Nebraska been good and we won both (maybe even one) of our last two games, then maybe he'd get some recognition. But finishing 5-7 and missing a bowl game won't cut it.

HawkeyeGrant

Nov 23, 2010
Name a reason to not vote for CPR...let me guess our W L record and scores cuz we did get pounded 3 games but im just saying you cant just look at stats we had the hardest record in the nation and coming out with a chance to go to a bowl game for the second season in a row is pretty big IMO

You pretty much pinpointed it. 5-7 record. No bowl game. Losing record in conference play. Granted they did have a tough schedule. CPR is a good coach but not COY worthy.

A Coach of the Year would have found a way to win 1 of those last 3 games.

If you can't measure it with wins and loses how are you supposed to measure it?

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
It'd be nice to someday see CPR win some sort of coach of the year award, but let's be honest, this isn't the year. Had the 2-pt attempt against Nebraska been good and we won both (maybe even one) of our last two games, then maybe he'd get some recognition. But finishing 5-7 and missing a bowl game won't cut it.
I agree with everything except the 2 pt conversion....it was the right call so in my opinion that makes an even stronger case for CPR

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
You pretty much pinpointed it. 5-7 record. No bowl game. Losing record in conference play. Granted they did have a tough schedule. CPR is a good coach but not COY worthy.

A Coach of the Year would have found a way to win 1 of those last 3 games.

If you can't measure it with wins and loses how are you supposed to measure it?
Yeah your right maybe buy a better QB for next year and he will surely be #1 on the list :twitcy:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron