Leno to leave too?

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Since the other discussions have turned into Leno vs. Conan debates (resist the urge people), here is a different perspective; everyone vs. NBC. I would have a HUGE amount of repect for Leno if this comes true, however I'm having an issue really buying in to a story on Popeater.

Jay Leno May Walk Out of NBC, Too | PopEater.com

It would serve NBC right to lose them both at this point.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Since the other discussions have turned into Leno vs. Conan debates (resist the urge people), here is a different perspective; everyone vs. NBC. I would have a HUGE amount of repect for Leno if this comes true, however I'm having an issue really buying in to a story on Popeater.

Jay Leno May Walk Out of NBC, Too | PopEater.com

It would serve NBC right to lose them both at this point.

If leno left, conan could stay. He never said he was leaving NBC, only that he would not host the tonight show later in the night. I would agree with you in that i would have a lot of respect for leno if he chose to leave now.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
If leno left, conan could stay. He never said he was leaving NBC, only that he would not host the tonight show later in the night. I would agree with you in that i would have a lot of respect for leno if he chose to leave now.

I agree it would resolve the situation on paper, but if it happened tomorrow could Conan move on like nothing happened? He probably would have to since there is still the contract, but a bitter tasting one at this point.

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
This whole thing hasn't even gotten close to how entertaining it will ultimately be.

If I am FOX, I make a play for BOTH of them. Put Jay on at 9:30 and Conan at 10:30. Jay would BURY everybody's local news and Conan, with a strong lead for once, would kill Letterman, Nightline, and... Seinfeld??

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
This whole thing hasn't even gotten close to how entertaining it will ultimately be.

If I am FOX, I make a play for BOTH of them. Put Jay on at 9:30 and Conan at 10:30. Jay would BURY everybody's local news and Conan, with a strong lead for once, would kill Letterman, Nightline, and... Seinfeld??

I like this idea.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

How is this not recreating the same mistake NBC made?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
FOX can only afford one of the two. It would be Conan. I posted this in another thread but it fits here:

Here are the options in my opinion ranked from most (1) to least (5) likely:

1. Conan goes to FOX and Leno returns to Tonight
2. Conan keeps Tonight and Leno goes to ABC
3. Conan goes to FOX and Leno goes to ABC
4. Conan keeps Tonight and Leno retires
5. Conan goes to FOX and Leno retires

I would love to see #3 just to show NBC how badly they handled the whole situation.

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
The FOX viewer is used to prime time programming being over at 9:00 and I have seen stats that their viewers head to cable in droves after 9:00.

FOX is the number one network, which gives Leno a much better lead in than he has now.

A challenge, outside of The Office and 30 Rock (which I hate btw), what shows do you HAVE to watch on NBC. Now think through which shows you have to watch on FOX...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Leno and Conan leave NBC, Letterman goes to NBC to finally take tonight show, 17 years later. :jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron