Lebron mentions Audi Crooks

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Depends on if you mean actually ready or the way the NBA does "ready" because there are few players the NBA drafts as freshmen that are actually ready either. They draft so much on potential.

15 man rosters (450 spots) and G League and lot-o-money makes that work. Doesn't work with 12 women rosters, 12 teams, past the hat team budgets and no minor league. There is no place to park and develop players.

Last edited:

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I feel like women’s sports are getting closer to equal with the men’s game because certain players are regarded as heroes and villains. There’s been so much chatter with Reese and Clark, love them or hate them. Look at the average final 4 ticket cost this year compared to last. It’s incredible to see.

Audi is primed to be a star. She’s friendly and engaging off the court and a stud on it. Her game is so dynamic. The best is yet to come!
Paraphrasing "you will never see a reaction out of me EVER" Body language isn't
talked enough about. She is amazing plays the game the right way. Isn't telling coaches to F off! Isn't screaming at the refs and swearing on the court. It makes it so much more fun for me and the kids can watch her without learning new swear words. My in laws take their kids to see CC and I'm like you want your girls 5,7,9 watching her swear like a sailor? I know its all about competitiveness well Audi does it without the mouth.

• Winner
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and qwerty

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Another reason to like LeBron. He's done nothing but promote the game, be a decent dude and dominate for 21 years. I've never understood the crap he's received compared to even MJ who was a gambling addict and grade A a-hole.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
As a Cyclone, it would be sexist for me NOT to root against Caitlin. I’m sure she’s a fine person and I wish her the best, but I regard her no differently than anyone else wearing the black and gold on the field/court.

I can't stand Clark, and wont root for her because she plays for Iowa. I treat her the same way I would an Iowa men's player. Isn't that what people want?

Sexist????

I think he made his point with the part of their quote you left off, you might not agree with it, but leaving out part of his statement where they lay it out, seems disingenuous.

Reactions: MugNight

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Another reason to like LeBron. He's done nothing but promote the game, be a decent dude and dominate for 21 years. I've never understood the crap he's received compared to even MJ who was a gambling addict and grade A a-hole.

Or Kobe, who at the very least was running around on his wife. (To be fair, it seems as if he had straightened out a bit.)

There hasn’t been many, if any, rumors about LeBron being an ******* over the years.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu and NENick

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I've always liked LeBron, but he's had his moments that are worthy of criticism IMO. I get why he rubs some people the wrong way. I'll just leave it at that because this should be about the best player in the world recognizing Audi for the great player she is.

Reactions: nrg4isu

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
You forget the most important one: "She's not as good as CC." I've seen that in comments almost every time Audi is brought up.
They play a completely different game.

I personally hate the chucking up of threes, especially stupid ones way off the line, that has permeated the sport since Steph Curry's rise to fame.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I get that the fanatics, message board and podcasters like the portal because it drives off-season clicks and interest. But the one-season free agency in the men's game absolutely hurts actual interest in the games and the sport itself.

I don't think most people actually like it. Its just a part of how it is now.

We're in a weird transitional stage between the amateurism model and pay for play, where things are a free for all which is different than most other professional leagues. Barring legislation that would allow things to revert completely (ideal but not likely to happen) at this point the sooner we can get to a full employee model with a player's union but more limitations on transfers, the better. The sport is absolutely worse off when a larger percent are simply year to year.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
"Ain't no party like a Diddy party!"

• Funny
Reactions: 20eyes

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

“The Decision” hurt his rep big time and certain fans, especially Bulls and Jordan fans, have never let it go. These fans wouldn’t even regard LeBron as a top 10 player in NBA history, much less have him in conversation for the best. He isn’t going to top Jordan as the best player ever, but it’s unarguable - except for those mentioned above - that he’s by far and away a better ambassador for the game than Jordan ever was.

(And p.s. - if free agency existed in the 1980s/90s the way it does now, there’s not a chance in hell Jordan would have ever stuck around with the Bulls as long as he did. He hated their ownership, and if he had true freedom of where he wanted to play he would have gotten out of there. But Bulls fans will never acknowledge this - just whine that LeBron took advantage of his free agency options)

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
“The Decision” hurt his rep big time and certain fans, especially Bulls and Jordan fans, have never let it go. These fans wouldn’t even regard LeBron as a top 10 player in NBA history, much less have him in conversation for the best. He isn’t going to top Jordan as the best player ever, but it’s unarguable - except for those mentioned above - that he’s by far and away a better ambassador for the game than Jordan ever was.

(And p.s. - if free agency existed in the 1980s/90s the way it does now, there’s not a chance in hell Jordan would have ever stuck around with the Bulls as long as he did. He hated their ownership, and if he had true freedom of where he wanted to play he would have gotten out of there. But Bulls fans will never acknowledge this - just whine that LeBron took advantage of his free agency options)
He was 25, I'd have done a lot stupider s*** if I was 25 and that rich.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Great for the state!
"Hawkeye fan here but we love watching Audi too! It's great for the state to have somebody to exist in Caitlin's shadow so we can all steer every conversation back to her. Caitlin is such a role model. Angel Reese is the worst person ever."

Reactions: madguy30

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
"Hawkeye fan here but we love watching Audi too! It's great for the state to have somebody to exist in Caitlin's shadow so we can all steer every conversation back to her. Caitlin is such a role model. Angel Reese is the worst person ever."
Huh?
I love how he mentioned Angel first and Caitlin wasn't even the second name. You know Iowa fans are big mad about that.
There is another thread for you moan about cc. This one is about Lebron promoting the women’s game and Audi.

• Dumb
Reactions: WartburgClone

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Huh?

There is another thread for you moan about cc. This one is about Lebron promoting the women’s game and Audi.
I was making **** of Iowa fans and their annoying comments on social media. Wasn't moaning about anything but if you don't like what I post or find it irrelevant, keep scrolling.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I was making **** of Iowa fans and their annoying comments on social media. Wasn't moaning about anything but if you don't like what I post or find it irrelevant, keep scrolling.
What I can’t figure out is why there is one hawk fan on cyclone fanatic. Never been on a Hox board-no point

Attachments

• 09E4E758-EEC3-45B3-A0E0-D8E9DCD7C5C1.jpeg
    09E4E758-EEC3-45B3-A0E0-D8E9DCD7C5C1.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron