Lebron mentions Audi Crooks

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
I feel like women’s sports are getting closer to equal with the men’s game because certain players are regarded as heroes and villains. There’s been so much chatter with Reese and Clark, love them or hate them. Look at the average final 4 ticket cost this year compared to last. It’s incredible to see.

Audi is primed to be a star. She’s friendly and engaging off the court and a stud on it. Her game is so dynamic. The best is yet to come!

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Speaking of Audi mentions...

If you could pick one player to join your team, who would it be?​

PLAYERTEAMVOTES
Caitlin ClarkIowa10
Paige BueckersUConn9
Audi CrooksIowa State5
Raegan BeersOregon State4
JuJu WatkinsUSC4
Kiki IriafenStanford3
Kamilla CardosoSouth Carolina2
Alissa PiliUtah2
Ashlyn WatkinsSouth Carolina2

Audi Crooks, Iowa State​

“As a freshman, she’s putting up amazing numbers and doing great, so I can only imagine it goes up from here.”

“She’s unstoppable.”

“She’s a great five-player to have.”

“She’s obviously really good, and she also just seems like a really nice person, too. She just seems sweet.”

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I feel like women’s sports are getting closer to equal with the men’s game because certain players are regarded as heroes and villains.
I think we are seeing the effects of stars staying at the same school for 3-4 years allowing fans to really become attached versus the men's game where many schools have no idea who will be around next year.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Hawkeye fan this year: It's great for the state of Iowa to have all this attention on Clark. Can't believe Iowa State fans are hating on her. They should be building her up.

Same Hawkeye fan next year: Why is Audi Crooks getting so much media attention? There are other players out there you know.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Hawkeye fan this year: It's great for the state of Iowa to have all this attention on Clark. Can't believe Iowa State fans are hating on her. They should be building her up.

Same Hawkeye fan next year: Why is Audi Crooks getting so much media attention? There are other players out there you know.
You forget the most important one: "She's not as good as CC." I've seen that in comments almost every time Audi is brought up.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
LeBron nailed it, and I think this is a big advantage the women's game has. 3 years minimum plus the NIL money for the women tends to be more in the form of actual NIL, not pay to play (or pay to transfer) like the men. As a result you get more stability in rosters, build more rivalries at a player level.

Basketball has always been a player-driven sport. However, that is drastically enhanced when the same players are at the same schools for 3 years.

I get that the fanatics, message board and podcasters like the portal because it drives off-season clicks and interest. But the one-season free agency in the men's game absolutely hurts actual interest in the games and the sport itself.

And with Clark gone next year women's games aren't going to get crazy ratings unless JuJu or someone else can become a transcendent player. But the floor for interest and viewership for the women's game absolutey went up.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021

As a Cyclone, it would be sexist for me NOT to root against Caitlin. I’m sure she’s a fine person and I wish her the best, but I regard her no differently than anyone else wearing the black and gold on the field/court.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023

I can't stand Clark, and wont root for her because she plays for Iowa. I treat her the same way I would an Iowa men's player. Isn't that what people want?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The thing Lebron is missing is there are also only 144 roster slots in the WNBA to be filled by the top players in the world. Throw in the crappy play for average players and even if one-and-dones were allowed it wouldn't impact things as much as on it's impacted MBB. How many freshman in WBB would really be WNBA ready?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Sprinkle in the fat jokes they’ve already lobbed at her, and this is spot on.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You forget the most important one: "She's not as good as CC." I've seen that in comments almost every time Audi is brought up.

That idiotic logic means no basketball should have been watched since 2000. None, zero viewership of men’s or women’s because you aren’t watching the best player. Why watch LeBron? Why watch Steph? Why watch Jokic? Not as good as MJ.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines

I originally read this as you being a Hawkeye fan for real and I was ready to get the pitch fork!

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
The thing Lebron is missing is there are also only 144 roster slots in the WNBA to be filled by the top players in the world. Throw in the crappy play for average players and even if one-and-dones were allowed it wouldn't impact things as much as on it's impacted MBB. How many freshman in WBB would really be WNBA ready?
Depends on if you mean actually ready or the way the NBA does "ready" because there are few players the NBA drafts as freshmen that are actually ready either. They draft so much on potential.