NFL: Jon Gruden is the best announcer

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
They're not bad, but I absolutely hate it when they are referenced as "Kenny, Moose, and Goose."

Goose is constantly tripping over himself on the sidelines.

I can listen to Kenny and Moose though.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
"ah i tell you what jwas, tha was one heck of a hit" i loath him saying jaws all the time. i am uncomfortable the entire game when those two are on. couldn't disagree more with the OP.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Another thing I don't like about Gruden is that according to him, every single white player in the league is either "scrappy", a "hustle player", "full of effort", or "plays with a lot of heart".

bowlfan912

Feb 15, 2010
Ames,IA
Gotta disagree and say him and Dilfer are the most difficult to listen too. They are obsessed with over-hyping any qb.

BTW- Its difficult to hear Ditka talk about any other team besides the bears.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I just figured out last night I now have NFL Network. I was really excited until I caught about 90 seconds of Deion Sanders. He should take his schtick over to ESPN. Unwatchable.

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
Gruden "loves" everybody. Especially Brady. He was doing the Dolphins/Patriots game earlier in the season, and I really thought he was going to go down to the field and kiss Brady on the mouth. Way, way over the top.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Can't stand Gruden. Whenever I see him it seems like he is more concerned with creating an on air persona. Whether it is in the broadcast booth or his one on one interviews.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

I really like Kenny and Moose but when you throw in Goose, its not nearly as good. He constantly feels like he needs to inject something every couple of minutes. And he is usually out of breath from pacing on the sidelines.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA

This. Like Moose, hate Goose. Every shot of him is behind the endzone. I don't think he can get to either sideline before a commercial break. And his insight is usually something like, "These linebackers like to hit!" Really? Good thing they are linebackers, then.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Everybody is "his guy"

I usually understand different opinions on things but how anybody can like Gruden is beyond me. All he does is verbally fellate each quarterback and say THIS GUY hundreds of times each night. He is the opposite of Chris Collinsworth who obviously watches a lot of tape, talks about players other than the QB's, and actually points out negative things. I have stopped watching MNF because of Gruden.

These.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
This. Like Moose, hate Goose. Every shot of him is behind the endzone. I don't think he can get to either sideline before a commercial break. And his insight is usually something like, "These linebackers like to hit!" Really? Good thing they are linebackers, then.

LOL Goose is the most annoying guy ever. He is awful. In fact I don't even watch CBS or Fox telecasts anymore. I either watch the redzone channel or flip to 702 and watch all the games and put the sound on the redzone. That guy is good.

JohnnyAppleseed

Nov 30, 2008
I've only heard Rich Gannon do a few games, but I really liked him. He explained the game very well and brought up small things that I wouldn't have normally caught. I'd like to hear him more often.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Not a big Gruden guy, the way he verbally sucks off Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc is annoying, but i do enjoy his one on one sessions with the draft QBs.

Nobody is worse than Trent Dilfer, nobody. He's an absolute idiot. He thinks he's the man because his defense carried him to a super bowl and his insight is usually useless. Give me anybody over him.

A guy I've grown to like that is on First Take a lot is Lomas Brown, very insightful and reasonable, or maybe he just seems that way because he's always on with Skip Bayless.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
Gruden "loves" everybody. Especially Brady. He was doing the Dolphins/Patriots game earlier in the season, and I really thought he was going to go down to the field and kiss Brady on the mouth. Way, way over the top.

lol, I like him because of that. Biased?

Not a big Gruden guy, the way he verbally sucks off Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc is annoying, but i do enjoy his one on one sessions with the draft QBs.

Nobody is worse than Trent Dilfer, nobody. He's an absolute idiot. He thinks he's the man because his defense carried him to a super bowl and his insight is usually useless. Give me anybody over him.

A guy I've grown to like that is on First Take a lot is Lomas Brown, very insightful and reasonable, or maybe he just seems that way because he's always on with Skip Bayless.

The bold is where the problem is.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006

They must have a hotdog and beer stand in the endzones.