Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Got a text today that Benjamin might not be as committed to Iowa as some think. Any Hawkeye fans hear anything about that? Sounds like Calloway is 50/50 to be a Hawk at best. Arkansas and Nebraska are pushing hard for him and he already took a visit to Texas

From Sept 19th, got mocked pretty bad for this one

• Optimistic
Reactions: leeland82

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Did not want.

Apology coming?

200.gif

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Apology coming?

200.gif

Well he obviously didn't like what he was seeing or hearing from our coaches. Can't really blame him. Wondering how much of his decision was on our coaches griping about his other visits or seeing our completely limp offensive playcalling. But congrats to you, you called it way back when. I didn't think the kid would back out of his commitment. Well done.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Dad travels for a few days and you get lonely. Touched. Nice article, good to hear him say he's still committed to Iowa. I don't think anyone will be surprised if/when he flips though. Elite recruits do it all the time. Hate to lose him but I'm not counting on him for this class. At least we know Eno and AJ are rock solid. But congrats on Chevin's potential flip, I know it means a lot to you buddy. I mean that.

It doesn't mean a lot to me, I just don't like being mocked because I don't wear black and gold blinders

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I get Kirk has his policy's and **** like that about not wanting his committed players to take other visits, but he needs to rethink that. It's 2016, if a kid of Eno's caliber commits to you early, chances are that said player will still want to take other visits whether it's for the free trips or whatever.

Kids these days are obsessed with attention and an additional visit leads to 100's of tweets and more media attention.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It doesn't mean a lot to me, I just don't like being mocked because I don't wear black and gold blinders

Well when the kid posts about how everyone thinking he's going to flip are wrong, it kind of makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Thinking Epenesa is a lock, other than that, all bets are off. Again, don't blame them. If I was a blue chipper with offers from best programs in the nation and I was weighing that vs. playing in Greg Davis/KF offense, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I get Kirk has his policy's and **** like that about not wanting his committed players to take other visits, but he needs to rethink that. It's 2016, if a kid of Eno's caliber commits to you early, chances are that said player will still want to take other visits whether it's for the free trips or whatever.

Kids these days are obsessed with attention and an additional visit leads to 100's of tweets and more media attention.

This. I'd be interested to know how much this played into it. If Eno was really under serious fire from our coaches for the visits, I don't blame him. Having a policy against commits visiting is one thing, but when you get a top-10 RB, be happy you have him and don't be so rigid. Just shows how out of touch KF is.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The Iowa staff held to their guns. I am willing to bet if isu did the same you all would be fully on board.
ISU did pull the offer of a nice player months ago. We don't have years of evidence that our coach is old and out of touch so it's hard to opine.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa will drop a couple games in the first half of the season and the fanbase will turn on KF and things will start to get a little shaky on the recruiting trail. It's like clockwork when expectations are sky high. My guess is Calloway will probably decommit. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Gordon like situation where he sees some stuff he doesn't like on an OV or something along those lines. IIRC Gordon said he wasn't going to take any other visits are he committed to Iowa and we all know how that turned out

Smart man

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Also, Calloway is done taking visits, and he's had offers from everywhere for a while. The texas schools, the sec schools, theyve all offered, and hes checked them out. He isnt going anywhere. Same with Eno and Epenesa. I love how youre so confident in Iowa getting decommits, yet all the big fish in the class have come out and said theyre done taking visits. Also, you seem pretty confident that ISU will move up in the rankings and not lose anyone, yet youve already lost a O lineman, which is hilarious, because your self proclaimed best o line coach in the country couldnt keep him committed, and you have another good recruit still wanting to take visits.

Im not blind- Campbell is doing some nice things in the recruiting world, and is getting kids that normally dont even know where Ames is to at least consider coming to ISU, but my god, you live in la la land.

Bumpity Bump

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I literally just read an article, this morning, from his head coach. Also read an article from Chevin himself, both said the same thing: visits are done. He's checked out every school he's needed to, he's done. Same exact situation with Eno. Its a paid article on another site, or else I would link them. Not that it would matter to you, because you dont live in reality. See, when your team puts multiple people in the NFL at a certain position, take notice. When you have an AP all american at the same position as a highly regarded recruit, kids take notice. Id be more concerned about your oline guru hanging on to mediocre o-lineman, if I were you.

Good point

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron