Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Actually I lied. Foster was a 4 star on Rivals and Martin is a 3 star so Foster was much bigger get according to Rivals

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
How mad are you that Sean Foster is better than any recruit Iowa brought in last year?
My sources say Iowa had Foster in and evaluated him, decided after his workout that they didn't see enough so they cooled on him. Unfortunately for Foster, he didn't even receive a sympathy offer like Van Ginkel got from ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My sources say Iowa had Foster in and evaluated him, decided after his workout that they didn't see enough so they cooled on him. Unfortunately for Foster, he didn't even receive a sympathy offer like Van Ginkel got from ISU.

KF seems to miss on a lot of kids and I'm sure Campbell will miss on a few too

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I know YeahBuddy was referencing Rivals though so just pointing that out
raw

Reactions: CyTwins

unclejoe

Jun 7, 2016
It's actually the exact same thing Dan.

Foster didn't have the likes of Michigan, Michigan State and Oregon offer him. He also was downgraded to a 3* on 247.
Martin was upgraded to high 4*, hasn't begun his senior year and already has numerous higher offers than Foster. Foster got the majority of his P5 offers after his decommitment from Minnesota.
Also, Iowa knows O-lineman; there's a reason we didn't offer.
Campbell doesn't know P5 talent, he's never coached it. That's why you didn't offer. In addition to knowing you didn't stand a chance.

Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Foster didn't have the likes of Michigan, Michigan State and Oregon offer him. He also was downgraded to a 3* on 247.
Martin was upgraded to high 4*, hasn't begun his senior year and already has numerous higher offers than Foster. Foster got the majority of his P5 offers after his decommitment from Minnesota.
Also, Iowa knows O-lineman; there's a reason we didn't offer.
Campbell doesn't know P5 talent, he's never coached it. That's why you didn't offer. In addition to knowing you didn't stand a chance.

Never change Dan. Remember when you said Bohannon and Williams weren't P5 talent and now they're going to be starting at PG this season? I guess Fran and Campbell both must not not know P5 talent then

Reactions: GTO

unclejoe

Jun 7, 2016
Never change Dan. Remember when you said Bohannon and Williams weren't P5 talent and now they're going to be starting at PG this season? I guess Fran and Campbell both must not not know P5 talent then

Back to your default. Change football discussion to basketball.
Change CyTwins. Change now.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I know YeahBuddy was referencing Rivals though so just pointing that out

Why use a players final ranking (Foster) and compare it with a kid who hasnt even played a down of football yet in his senior year of high school?

I would bet Martin is a Top 250 player nationally in the final Rivals ratings for 2017.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
They just don't have what it takes to play for a Matt Campbell football team. Martin will probably be a good player but just not a fit for ISU. Van Ginkel must not be very good

Kinda like Foster and Vance, huh?

Also, Calloway is done taking visits, and he's had offers from everywhere for a while. The texas schools, the sec schools, theyve all offered, and hes checked them out. He isnt going anywhere. Same with Eno and Epenesa. I love how youre so confident in Iowa getting decommits, yet all the big fish in the class have come out and said theyre done taking visits. Also, you seem pretty confident that ISU will move up in the rankings and not lose anyone, yet youve already lost a O lineman, which is hilarious, because your self proclaimed best o line coach in the country couldnt keep him committed, and you have another good recruit still wanting to take visits.

Im not blind- Campbell is doing some nice things in the recruiting world, and is getting kids that normally dont even know where Ames is to at least consider coming to ISU, but my god, you live in la la land.

• Agree
Reactions: Hawkmi1987

CyNerd

Jul 2, 2014
Silly fights. Iowa plays different schemes that Iowa State does. Because one university evaluated and passed on a player does not mean the player won't be a quality player for another team's scheme. That goes both ways, ISU with Foster and Iowa with Martin. I mean how many teams passed on Kelechi Osemele and AJ Klein. I'd say it didn't really make a whole lot of difference. I am sure you can list off plenty of examples for Iowa over the years as well.

Anyway, neither Foster or Martin have played a snap in college so to say that both are going to be a slam dunk is incredibly stupid. If you want to have a ding dong sword fight over how much better Iowa is than ISU, idk that arguing over two unproven recruits is exactly the way to do it.

Edit: Also I don't believe that Tom Manning runs FootballScoop.com so I wouldn't call the Oline coach of the year thing self-proclaimed. Feel free to argue the validity of the site all you want but I'm pretty positive Manning didn't just go making that up for pats on the back.

Last edited: