General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Ramazan at 125, little surprised by that.

If Ramazan can make 125 I would have thought he would have challenged KT for the spot the last couple of years. I'd guess he's getting a free ride for Grad school and will be challenging at 133/141.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Gibson to rutgers.

Which is fine, I don't think he is near as good of a prospect as his hs teammates. He is a lot more physically mature than his HS counterparts.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Gibson to rutgers.

Which is fine, I don't think he is near as good of a prospect as his hs teammates. He is a lot more physically mature than his HS counterparts.
This is an interesting observation that I have thought about, too. Most HW's that are really successful in hs are just ahead of the maturity game with above average skill. Gable Steveson is the only guy I can think of who had a ton of success in h.s. and was able to easily transition right into college. Maybe Colten Schultz (when factoring in greco). It may reflect the level of athleticism Steveson has/had. Almost everybody else I can think of required time to mature/develop into an elite heavyweight. The best example for this would be greatest US HW ever Bruce Baumgartner didn't even start wrestling until 9th grade and won one match his first year (via forfeit).

Reactions: 4theheckofit

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
This is an interesting observation that I have thought about, too. Most HW's that are really successful in hs are just ahead of the maturity game with above average skill. Gable Steveson is the only guy I can think of who had a ton of success in h.s. and was able to easily transition right into college. Maybe Colten Schultz (when factoring in greco). It may reflect the level of athleticism Steveson has/had. Almost everybody else I can think of required time to mature/develop into an elite heavyweight. The best example for this would be greatest US HW ever Bruce Baumgartner didn't even start wrestling until 9th grade and won one match his first year (via forfeit).
I guess my point is, particularly at HW, you don't want to recruit the guys that have already reached their ceiling because the rest of the field will catch up to them as they get older.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Clayton Whiting, Aeoden Sinclair, Braedon Scoles, Greyson Clark, Noah Mulvaney, Peyton Mocco, all the Bianchi brothers, Charlie Millard.

I’m missing more but there is so much talent coming through AWA. Plus non-AWA Wisconsin guys like Stephen Buchanan, Koy Hopke not going to UW
Decided to kill some time digging into this a bit more. What a waste Bono has been at UW. In a make believe world where the Badgers team was comprised only of AWA wrestlers, here's the collection of talent.

Returning NCAA Qualifiers
  • 141 - Greyson Clark (Purdue)
  • 157 - Matt Bianchi (Little Rock)
  • 165 - Mitchell Mesenbrink (Penn State)
  • 165 - Joey Bianchi (Little Rock)
  • 174 - Keegan O'Toole (Mizzou)
  • 174 - Noah Mulvaney (Bucknell)
  • 184 - Parker Keckeisen (UNI)
Other Current Wrestlers on D1 Rosters
  • 125 - Preston Spray (Mizzou)
  • 125 - Wyatt Skebba (Central Michigan)
  • 133 - Jager Eisch (Minnesota)
  • 141 - Brayden Sonnentag (Wyoming)
  • 157 - Braeden Scholes (lllionis)
  • 165 - Zane Licht (NDSU)
  • 165 - Brant Cracraft (Campbell)
  • 174 - Ethan Riddle (Minnesota)
  • 184 - Clayton Whiting (Mizzou)
In-coming True Freshman on D1 Rosters
  • 133 - Lucas Peters (Indiana)
  • 141 - Tyson Peach (SDSU)
  • 149 - Wyatt DuChateau (Minnesota)
  • 174 - Charlie Millard (Minnesota)
  • 174 - Jake Stoffel (Mizzou)
  • 174 - Nash Banko (Army)
  • 197 - Aeoden Sinclair (Mizzou)
  • 197 - Connor Mirasola (Penn State)
  • 197 - Silas Dailey (Minnesota)
  • 285 - Cole Mirasola (Penn State)
Ranked or D1 Committed High Schoolers
  • 113 - Haakon Peterson (2026) - #6 at 113
  • 138 - Kellen Wolbert (2026) - #19 at 138
  • 150 - Danny Heiser (2025) - Mizzou commit
  • 165 - Liam Crook (2026) - #14 at 165
You could assemble a 2025 team with potentially three champs (Mesenbrink, O'Toole, Keckeisen), what I'd assume are immediate AA threats at 197 (Mirasola or Sinclair) and 285 (Mirasola), and I'd say three more qualifiers (Clark and then cut the Bianchi's down a weight each). Crazy for that to come out of one club in Madison's backyard and for Bono to get ZERO out of it.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Decided to kill some time digging into this a bit more. What a waste Bono has been at UW. In a make believe world where the Badgers team was comprised only of AWA wrestlers, here's the collection of talent.

Returning NCAA Qualifiers
  • 141 - Greyson Clark (Purdue)
  • 157 - Matt Bianchi (Little Rock)
  • 165 - Mitchell Mesenbrink (Penn State)
  • 165 - Joey Bianchi (Little Rock)
  • 174 - Keegan O'Toole (Mizzou)
  • 174 - Noah Mulvaney (Bucknell)
  • 184 - Parker Keckeisen (UNI)
Other Current Wrestlers on D1 Rosters
  • 125 - Preston Spray (Mizzou)
  • 125 - Wyatt Skebba (Central Michigan)
  • 133 - Jager Eisch (Minnesota)
  • 141 - Brayden Sonnentag (Wyoming)
  • 157 - Braeden Scholes (lllionis)
  • 165 - Zane Licht (NDSU)
  • 165 - Brant Cracraft (Campbell)
  • 174 - Ethan Riddle (Minnesota)
  • 184 - Clayton Whiting (Mizzou)
In-coming True Freshman on D1 Rosters
  • 133 - Lucas Peters (Indiana)
  • 141 - Tyson Peach (SDSU)
  • 149 - Wyatt DuChateau (Minnesota)
  • 174 - Charlie Millard (Minnesota)
  • 174 - Jake Stoffel (Mizzou)
  • 174 - Nash Banko (Army)
  • 197 - Aeoden Sinclair (Mizzou)
  • 197 - Connor Mirasola (Penn State)
  • 197 - Silas Dailey (Minnesota)
  • 285 - Cole Mirasola (Penn State)
Ranked or D1 Committed High Schoolers
  • 113 - Haakon Peterson (2026) - #6 at 113
  • 138 - Kellen Wolbert (2026) - #19 at 138
  • 150 - Danny Heiser (2025) - Mizzou commit
  • 165 - Liam Crook (2026) - #14 at 165
You could assemble a 2025 team with potentially three champs (Mesenbrink, O'Toole, Keckeisen), what I'd assume are immediate AA threats at 197 (Mirasola or Sinclair) and 285 (Mirasola), and I'd say three more qualifiers (Clark and then cut the Bianchi's down a weight each). Crazy for that to come out of one club in Madison's backyard and for Bono to get ZERO out of it.
Damn I like to think my knowledge and research are good but this is next level

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron