General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Could Brands be referring to an extra year due to past injuries? Medical redshirt?
This is why I posted it - it had nothing to do with the gambling. I've heard multiple times he was getting another year because he was granted a medical hardship and would be back next year. I haven't seen anything official yet though and I thought that was it.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
Clark is beyond a doubt the GOAT when discussing womans basketball
one minor knock
she does complain and look to the ref for calls when she doesn't score or turns the ball over

being 4 x ncaa finalist and the only 5 x conference champ is impressive for Dr dix -

not sure he cracks the top 25

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Well that’s odd… if true
My guess is it went something like this..

Ben: Mr. AD, we run one of the best clubs in the nation right here in your backyard but we refuse to recommend our kids go to this university with the current coach. My brother would make a great alternative and could turn this program around. We have a number of kids who would love to stay home to wrestle.

Mr. AD: thank you Ben, I’ll look into it.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Well he was definitely at Camp Randall/Fieldhouse today. Seems in character for him to set up a meeting to pitch an AWA/UW joining of forces. Badger fans would trade Bono for Max in a heartbeat.

Don’t know if there is any real smoke there, but it’d be a good thing to have happen

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Well he was definitely at Camp Randall/Fieldhouse today. Seems in character for him to set up a meeting to pitch an AWA/UW joining of forces. Badger fans would trade Bono for Max in a heartbeat.

Don’t know if there is any real smoke there, but it’d be a good thing to have happen
Makes perfect sense and would make Wisconsin an instant powerhouse

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Makes perfect sense and would make Wisconsin an instant powerhouse
Powerhouse would be a stretch. The facilities in Madison are subpar at best, especially by B1G standards, and they need some financial backing for wrestling in NIL/RTC. That said, Askren could certainly drum up some cash. Plus a baked in AWA recruiting pipeline. It’d at least provide the groundwork to build something really good.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Just imagine if they had O’Toole Keck Messenbrink , the Mirasolas - who am I missing ?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Just imagine if they had O’Toole Keck Messenbrink , the Mirasolas - who am I missing ?
Clayton Whiting, Aeoden Sinclair, Braedon Scoles, Greyson Clark, Noah Mulvaney, Peyton Mocco, all the Bianchi brothers, Charlie Millard.

I’m missing more but there is so much talent coming through AWA. Plus non-AWA Wisconsin guys like Stephen Buchanan, Koy Hopke not going to UW

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
If Max were there a year or two ago they might have had.. Barnett 125, Mesenbrink 157, O'Toole 165, Hamiti 174, Keck 184. Thats around 90 points at nationals with just those guys not to mention anyone else they would've gotten/kept/improved.