Do you think we can get Floyd to come back??

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
Not to throw this team under the bus, but I think we know what the future holds at ISU. I want to like McD but if he can't do it with this group of talent he will not be able to get it done with anybody. So in the sport of it a few of my buddies and I were talking about this last night Who is some coaching talent out there and what would be the odd ball chance we could get Floyd back here and would we want him???

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I think Tim would be a better basketball coach than football. Any reason this is in the football forum??????

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I don't know why it came up in the football forum, I can't see where to change that.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
The mods will move it. No sleep last night and it was a poor attempt at humor. I think Floyd has too much baggage for anyone to look at him now. If he is paying players to attend USC what we would he have to do to get someone to come to here?

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
TF has no loyalty (except to TF)....even if he came, as soon as he had some success, he would be looking to leave.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
What coach has any loyality any more. And you can't blame Floyd for leaving when he did the Bulls came knocking and he went for it. It's just too bad that he went to a Bulls team that completely fell apart and had all of there players leave. I put a lot of blame on Jerry Krause on the fall of the bulls.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Floyd was disgraced and carries a stigma of a cheater now... no possible way to hire him back.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
So who are some hot coaches out there now that we should be looking at to come here and finally bring back some respect to the program.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I agree with those who say Floyd is a disgraced cheater and we would not want him back. When I think of Tim Floyd now I think of one word: sleazy.

I'd gladly welcome LE back, however.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Do I have to remind all you..... We have $2.5 million dollars owed if we buy out a contract that runs till 2015. Then money to hire a new coach... Our athletic department is using state money already, and the BOR says we can't do that anymore.

So get out a check book... And forget about these bong dreams.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Let's get Calvin Sampson too while we're at it.

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
Floyd did NOT cheat!

Now before I get piled on, it was the USC booster machine that paid the likes of Mayo, Bush, insert 50% of the players here. With that being said Floyd knew this was happening and should have passed on Mayo's offer (Remember he came to Floyd, not visa versa).

For those that claim Floyd is a disgraced cheater, the ONLY reason that label could be used is because USC cut ties quickly to protect the "real" cheater: Pete Carroll and the football program.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Not to throw this team under the bus, but I think we know what the future holds at ISU. I want to like McD but if he can't do it with this group of talent he will not be able to get it done with anybody. So in the sport of it a few of my buddies and I were talking about this last night Who is some coaching talent out there and what would be the odd ball chance we could get Floyd back here and would we want him???

This group of "talent" is 11-4 and hasn't played a conference game yet. What is you definition of getting it done? If we go 8-8, with a B12 tourney victory, that's 20-12. Is that getting it done? I would say 6-10, 17-14 isnt getting it done. There is lots of ball yet to be played. I agree that this team should be 13-2. Cal and Duke "should" be only 2 losses. This team does have talent, but don't kid yourself, it isnt 1999-00 talent, or even 91-92 or 92-93 talent. Brackins needs to get the ball, I would put that on McD's shoulders. I would say McD could get it done with "anybody", but we haven't had many "anybodies" for a while.

And would I want Floyd back?? He is my fave ISU coach behind Orr. With what's happened to him since he left, I would not want him back.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
Floyd appears pretty happy with the Hornets. It appears to me that Floyd is the real coach, and Bower is more of a figurehead. I went to a game about a month ago and sat right behind the Hornets bench. Floyd drew up most of the plays and Bower deferred to him on substitutions, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Bower ends up going back to his GM only role and Floyd takes over HC duties, especially if the Hornets continue to pull themselves out of the cellar.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
That would be awesome to get back the greatest coach we've ever had. It will not happen though because he's been quoted as saying ISU is a very hard place to recruit, which is a "no brainer". Floyd has recruited in LA and been around the NBA too long to come back to Ames. Also, Floyd has a big ego which would clash big time with the narcistic pinhead Pollard, who has an even bigger ego.