BREAKING: Feazell commits

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Stuff just pisses me off honestly. Whats the point of committing if you're not actually committed. Hopefully this makes stokes really want to come now. Would be waaaay better tHan this kid

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Stuff just pisses me off honestly. Whats the point of committing if you're not actually committed. Hopefully this makes stokes really want to come now. Would be waaaay better tHan this kid

I agree with you to a point, but remember these are 17 year old kids that are making huge decisions with a lot of pressure on them. I know I made some poor choices when I was 17, probably changed my mind a few times on where I wanted to go to college, etc but no one cared because I wasn't a Div 1 prospect.

It sucks and I wish he was coming here but I think we all need to show a little grace situations like these and take the high road.

I trust that Prohm will figure it out and we will be just fine. Best of luck to Feazell.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Lame, but I don't want to mess with people who aren't all in at ISU.

If anything, I like the open scholly as we can maybe grab a good transfer with it instead.
We had open schollies up the wazzoo anyway.

We can't ***** about the commitment thing. We've taken players committed elsewhere numerous times. Granted, it's almost always football but it makes no difference. A verbal commitment is just a placeholder.

Reactions: ajk4st8

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

Not only are we talking about 17 year old kids, but on the other side, schools and recruiters are pushing these kids to make a decision. While not the same sport, but when I was at the gym in the Chicago area I was talking to a high schooler who was being recruited to play soccer. He had offers from SMU and NIU at the time. He told me that he had to make a decision whether he was going to play at NIU by the end of the week or else they were going to move on from him. I assume this happens in all sports.

Point is that for coaches, they want to know if they are gong to play for them early so if it doesn't work out, there is time to pursue a back up plan. If the recruit holds out too long, schools may not feel confident they can get them and move on anyway.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Continuing previous points, you often commit earlier to secure yourself a spot on a team, before you procrastinate and there are no scholarships open at the end of recruiting season.