BREAKING: Feazell commits

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
All I'm saying is that Rodman would find the going a lot tougher against Lebron James than he would James Worthy. And like I said, he probably wouldn't see the floor because the disadvantage on offense would be too much to overcome in the modern game. But flame on Rodman lovers.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
All I'm saying is that Rodman would find the going a lot tougher against Lebron James than he would James Worthy. And like I said, he probably wouldn't see the floor because the disadvantage on offense would be too much to overcome in the modern game. But flame on Rodman lovers.

Umm, any player has a hard time guarding Lebron James. That doesn't really make your point. And as far as I can tell there has only ever been one Lebron James.

And the idea that Rodman wouldn't see the floor because he wasn't a good offensive player is ludicrous. Not every team is the GSW. In fact, no other team can play they way they do that effectively. There are plenty of defensive and rebounding guys that start in the league and if a guy was a all nba defender and could defend multiple spots and was the best rebounder in the league you bet your ass he would be starting today.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Umm, any player has a hard time guarding Lebron James. That doesn't really make your point. And as far as I can tell there has only ever been one Lebron James.

And the idea that Rodman wouldn't see the floor because he wasn't a good offensive player is ludicrous. Not every team is the GSW. In fact, no other team can play they way they do that effectively. There are plenty of defensive and rebounding guys that start in the league and if a guy was a all nba defender and could defend multiple spots and was the best rebounder in the league you bet your ass he would be starting today.

Look at the guys on the rebounding leaders list. Jordan, cousins, gasol, towns, Davis, etc... All capable offensive players in their own ways. Hell even Drummond averaged over 15 ppg. You can't live on lay ups from offensive rebounds any more in the NBA.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Heck even the Warriors start an interior defender who doesn't score anymore in Bogut and bring in Ezeli for him off the bench.
He would start for most of the playoff teams last year.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Look at the guys on the rebounding leaders list. Jordan, cousins, gasol, towns, Davis, etc... All capable offensive players in their own ways. Hell even Drummond averaged over 15 ppg. You can't live on lay ups from offensive rebounds any more in the NBA.

Naming guys that can score and rebound, all star players, does not exclude a guy like Rodman playing today. I can name guys like Ewing, Olajuwan, David Robinson, Shaquile O'neal. Divac, Smits, Mutumbo, Mourning... from the 90's what's your point?

If you are by far the best rebounder and a player capable of being a two time defensive player of the year you will start. He also was a good passer and a very smart player. If a rebounder, defender couldn't be a star in today's league there would be no Joakim Noah getting MVP votes in the league. Think about who was starting for the NBA champions last year, Tristan Thompson and Dennis Rodman was way better than Thompson.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Anyone that thinks Rodman wouldn't make as big of an impact today is probably under 25, and possibly living with their parents.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Gunner is straight trolling

Lol I can't wait until football season starts. Football season is trolling season round these parts:

Where butthurt flows like wine. Where gullible middle aged men flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called CF during football season.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
So to add to this I really hope we land Sexton, Allen and/or Wigginton to complete this class.