2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I don’t think she will but think she technically could. From what I understand she hasn’t filed paperwork yet. That would be a major blow to the Indiana WNBA team. I think they sold a ton of season tickets.
Probably won’t sign until she gets a cut of profit of the season tickets.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
What was South Carolina before her? So she gets no credit for building that program? This is always one of the dumbest takes. Same thing with Saban. How dare you do your job (recruit) better than everyone else?!?!
And don't forget getting those big personalities coming out of high school to buy into the team focus and come together as one realizing it's bigger than just one player

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Some of you guys have to be having a full on circle jerk at this result. I didn't realize people took women's basketball thus seriously.
Sorry your team lost. I mean you’ve been all over women’s bball threads soooo……yeah it must be a big deal to you too.

Reactions: WartburgClone

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
And don't forget getting those big personalities coming out of high school to buy into the team focus and come together as one realizing it's bigger than just one player
Plus Staley built that program while UCONN/Tennessee/Stanford etc. were all huge entities themselves. Partially why I still like to cheer for SC since they're still semi-new versus some of the old guard.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Every coach is going to copy her brilliant strategy of a 9 player rotation where every player averages 28 minutes.

Even Phil Jackson never thought of that!

TJ should take note with roster we will have next year. Just rotate 9 or 10 guys and wear people down.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Another interesting CC fact:
CC was held scoreless in the last six minutes of the final state tournament game she played.
CC was held scoreless in the last nine minutes of the final NCAA tournament game she played.
It's a moot point but Clark hit a 3 with 7:05 left in the 4th quarter.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
You can argue that Clark getting all this attention in-state increases excitement about WBB among girls in the area, which could theoretically have recruiting benefits for both. How much would be a valid question though.

But the marginal benefits of that have been decreasing per-game as that 'benefit' has already been about maxed out
Yep. Iowa State has been top 5 in women's basketball attendance every year for a couple of decades now. CC is helping Iowa catch up.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Not sure Bruder had much of a choice, EIU just does not have the talent on the team the SC or UConn have, UConn's was hurt, but Bruder's top five were very good, but the game is not played with just our starters. She knew they were going to be good this year, she should have either tried to bring in more talent from the portal or played her subs more during the season. But doing so would have meant Clark playing less and not setting the records she was setting.
Basketball like football all comes down to recruiting the best talent, and SC just has more talent in the area than a state like Iowa will ever have. My son the lives down their said they have already signed the #2 player in the country for next season, and are in on the best player in the country. SC is not going away anytime soon.
Is calling her Bruder some dig I’m not understanding?

Help Support Us

Become a patron