2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
LOL. Refs tried to help Iowa entire game.

You literally cannot watch Iowa basketball without seeing CC absolutely whine every call against her. Worst role model ever for young female athletes.

I would love to see a montage of all the times the announcer said "clark looking for a call" or "looking for an and 1" this game. It was frequent.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Well, there you have it from the elite coach. God wanted Iowa to lose. Let’s save some time and get him/her to send in the result for next year.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I can't stand when people say "it's good for Iowa State if Iowa is good". The **** it is. It helps them in recruiting (especially in-state), gives them more press, helps their NIL, and makes my blood boil. I would literally let myself be castrated before I'd root for the Hawks in ANYTHING.

Iowa winning a NC would not have been a good thing for Iowa State WBB. Completely silly to expect ISU fans to cheer for IA just because they have a great player.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Well, there you have it from the elite coach. God wanted Iowa to lose. Let’s save some time and get him/her to send in the result for next year.
Not a Staley fan but she can coach. Mulkey proved it takes more than elite talent to get it done.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
It's weird that on the biggest day in Iowa athletic history an Iowa fan is hanging around on an Iowa State board.
No the biggest day in Iowa athletic history is when Cooper signaled fair catch, only he didn’t.
The second biggest day in Iowa athletic history is when Barta signed the stupidest contract with an offensive coordinator.
I guarantee you that Tavernhoks comment more about those two days than today.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Some of you guys have to be having a full on circle jerk at this result. I didn't realize people took women's basketball thus seriously.

ISU fans have followed womens basketball pretty well for a few decades now.

Which is what makes it annoying watch a bunch of hawkeye fans pretend theyve always been the world's biggest womens basketball fans.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Iowa winning a NC would not have been a good thing for Iowa State WBB. Completely silly to expect ISU fans to cheer for IA just because they have a great player.

You can argue that Clark getting all this attention in-state increases excitement about WBB among girls in the area, which could theoretically have recruiting benefits for both. How much would be a valid question though.

But the marginal benefits of that have been decreasing per-game as that 'benefit' has already been about maxed out

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
I don’t really don’t really care either way about CC like some in here.

My celebration is more just about their fans Linsanity run finally being over, and no national title for them. Their women’s team will never come close to these levels again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron