BREAKING: Feazell commits

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Wait, all college kids play basketball for just one year? I mean, if the guy is really good or highly touted, yeah. but most of em don't. So the pool of top 150 players isn't actually 150. It's more like 400-500 when taking into account all classes. But what do I know, I'm an idiot. Please carry on.

Well if you use math, take the top 25 teams in the country, if all of them have 5 starters that were all top 150 recruits, that makes 125 of the top 150 on those top 25 teams, leaving 25 top 150 players for the rest of the country. My point being, getting a top 150 kid is pretty good. Lard and long were both sub 125 guys and we were pretty excited about them.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Wait, all college kids play basketball for just one year? I mean, if the guy is really good or highly touted, yeah. but most of em don't. So the pool of top 150 players isn't actually 150. It's more like 400-500 when taking into account all classes. But what do I know, I'm an idiot. Please carry on.
admitting it is the first step.

Reactions: DurangoCy

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Great job by Iowa State assistant William Small. This sends the message to other top recruits "ISU is the place to go". I love the way Prohm and company is recruiting players that can hit the 3's and spread the floor. Having multiple PF's and posts that can hit a three will be a joy to watch. No doubt Prohm will fill remaining scholarships for next year in short order.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
BW5yR6W.gif

"And if you do".

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
At least this good news takes away from the uncertainty of Cam Lard. Any update there? (Sorry for the thread derailment this question may lead to.)

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
Prohm can recruit the South, he did come from Murray State after all.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It's the next day, and I am still giddy. Can't wait to see how this class fills out

Me too. Getting both Feazell (stretch PF) and Lewis (SF) this early allows the staff to focus adding a PG to 2017 and It should help provide momentum for other targets to join a top 20 incoming class.
As for the last three scholarships they can use on or two on top HS prospects (Wiggington, Sexton, Witherspoon O'Connell, 2 X Simms), JC prospect. I do think they end up with 2 scholarships open for transfers later this year to help balance out the class.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Prohm can recruit the South, he did come from Murray State after all.

I have believed this all along, that Prohm and Small have good connections down south and have been in contact with a number of prospects from the south. It makes a lot of sense to continue those relationships and leverage them.
That is a or at least was a big debate in the recruit list thread with some believing they need to focus more on the Mid West and the South kids wouldn't come. So far the staff has landed Carter, Lard (at least committed) Feazell (pretty good IMO).
There are still a number of targets the staff would need to get before we can say it is going to be a "pipeline region" for ISU but it definitely is proving worth while to spend time there.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
For programs like ISU that will need to develop talent, a top 150 ranking indicates a high ceiling with the potential to play right away. Most of the players ranked in the top 150 will be a significant contributor at some point in their career. Bonus points for Prohm and staff for getting a kid that's 6'8"-6'9".

• Agree