How I Met Your Mother

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Wasn't Ted's wife in his classroom when he was a professor? I'll admit, I haven't watched the show in a few years. I just think it's really ridiculous now. Three or four seasons is all it should have lasted. Kids in real life would have never listened to a story this long.

Oh yeah, will Bob Saget be in the finale?

You need more seasons than that to get syndication. They've already reached that now though so they could end it whenever they want. As long as the ratings are good and the actors want to do it, the show will continue.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Would anyone be nearly this bent out of shape about the show if they hadn't built around the whole mother thing? It's still a fun enough show so I think we'd see about 10% of the complaining about it if they had called it something like "How I Spent My Single Years" or something like that. The fun of the show has never been about figuring out who the mother is, I don't know why people get so hung up on that.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Great show in the beginning. But really running on fumes now. Don't ruin it by stringing it out so far...

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
That's something I thought of, as Walt and Jesse could decide they want more money, and in the absence of Gustavo, see an opportunity. But like you said, no more super-lab seems to put the kibosh on that.

I think the Racin Flower in Walt's back yard at the end of the episode is a hint that Walt and Jesse are going to have issues the whole season. I would imagine that Walt might take over the operation, not sure where or how with no lab and no money, and Jesse starts working with Hank to catch the "real super villian" - Walt.

They can always have Walt go on the run from authorities or Mexican Drug Lords - I'm sure there's a never ending supply of MDL's.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
I think the Racin Flower in Walt's back yard at the end of the episode is a hint that Walt and Jesse are going to have issues the whole season. I would imagine that Walt might take over the operation, not sure where or how with no lab and no money, and Jesse starts working with Hank to catch the "real super villian" - Walt.

They can always have Walt go on the run from authorities or Mexican Drug Lords - I'm sure there's a never ending supply of MDL's.

Is Walt out of money? Since Skyler gave the money to her old boss, not enough was left for Walt to get new identities for his family. He shouldn't need that anymore, but he might need more money.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Is Walt out of money? Since Skyler gave the money to her old boss, not enough was left for Walt to get new identities for his family. He shouldn't need that anymore, but he might need more money.

Yeah, I never really got the math on that one, but they gave the impression that between the money for the car wash, the old boss, Walt's medical bills and Hank's medical bills they didn't have much left over. I'm sure they've got a few buck, but definitely not enough to start another super lab. Although I guess I'm not real sure on the cost of a super lab these days!

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Would anyone be nearly this bent out of shape about the show if they hadn't built around the whole mother thing? It's still a fun enough show so I think we'd see about 10% of the complaining about it if they had called it something like "How I Spent My Single Years" or something like that. The fun of the show has never been about figuring out who the mother is, I don't know why people get so hung up on that.

I think building around the whole mother thing is why the writing is aimless and uninteresting. If they hadn't built that up, maybe the show would be better. I don't really care who the mother is at this point. The show is not good at all right now, and I say that not having seen last night's episode yet.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think Hank v. Walt will be a story line, as there will likely be an investigation into the bombing and what not. I also think the FBI will start looking into Jesse's knowledge of ricin. Mike is going to be involved too. Not sure if he has any loyalty to Gus that would cause him to want to come back after Walt, or what.

I have no idea where this show is going but it is my favorite series right now.

I liked the "Mike" character and hope he is still on the show. I think the ricin thing will be completely forgotten.

I think what will ultimately happen in the storyline is that Walt's son becomes an addict at some point. Walt sees to true horrors of what he is doing through his son and will make some sort of ultimate sacrifice (die) in the final episode to save his family. Pure speculation. But Walt can not end this series alive. His character will have to die.

Loved Gus's death scene in the finally. That. was. awesome.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Gus's death scene was just a little too unrealistic. If he hadn't straightened his tie, I would have bought it more.

The build up to it was freaking incredible though.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Gus's death scene was just a little too unrealistic. If he hadn't straightened his tie, I would have bought it more.

The build up to it was freaking incredible though.

Oh c'mon! Gus straighting his tie was funny! You've got to suspend reality just a tad sometimes...I really think season 5 will be mind blowing. So many great directions the show can take. Really, Breaking Bad could/should have several more seasons to go but I guess working for AMC is total hell so the creaters are packing up shop a little early.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Oh c'mon! Gus straighting his tie was funny! You've got to suspend reality just a tad sometimes...I really think season 5 will be mind blowing. So many great directions the show can take. Really, Breaking Bad could/should have several more seasons to go but I guess working for AMC is total hell so the creaters are packing up shop a little early.

I'm fine with suspending reality, but in a show that's as well written as Breaking Bad, it just bugged me a little. Emphasis on "a little". Overall, the finale to season 4 was one of the best episodes I've ever seen of any show and at the actual ending, where they showed the flower in Walt's yard, I literally yelled "HOLY *****".

I still think its one of the best shows ever created.

I'm glad that they aren't going to ride it into the ground. A show like that needs a definitive ending.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

So the walking dead isnt the only show AMC's had issues with?

(Disappointing there, considering what he wanted to do with season 2's opener)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I was about to say that I thought I saw Ted saying (the actor anyway) that this was the last year. Upon further reflection though that might have been Chuck instead. Either way, I've always liked this show but have never been able to watch it that consistently and have probably seen one show all season. I can see though where the entire premise might be pretty thin at this point. Even a couple of years ago the line was starting to get hard to follow although each indivisual episode was amusing enough to make me forget that.

As for whomever doenst like it because gay NPH cant play a womanizing Barney, youre a doof.

I agree. It's called acting.
He played Doogie Howser, and that was nothing at all like Barney. I can still enjoy him playing Barney.

He's not playing himself. He's acting.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think the sub-plots are getting a little too carried away lately. I'd be fine if they kept jerking us around with Ted and his dating only to find out that person is not the mother but I can't even remember the last time they had Ted dating anyone lately. The other story lines at times are funny but seems like lately it's turned more into about Marshall and Lilly.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I believe so. That's the thing. There are a bunch of references made through out the show about Ted and the mother actually being in the same place, and I just think that the writers have gone in so many circles that whoever the mother ends up being, it won't line up with what had previously happened in the show, and that insults the viewer's intelligenc, IMO.

Then again, it's CBS.

This won't happen, the writers of this show are very smart with this and are constantly bringing up old references and staying true to past topics and stories.

I am with you on this 100%. I still love the show. I gave up on the trying to figure out the mother along time ago and I think it made the show more likable. I also like that there was a lot of maybe the mother is this character questions. The writers have been eliminating these quite a bit recently (Robin, Victoria, Stella, etc.). The mom is back to being a mystery and I like it that way. Interesting though I remember an interview that one of the writers wished they would have made Robin be the mom.

I for one cannot figure out how people find Big Bang Theory funny. The comedy is almost insulting to me.

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Brentwood said:
the writer's of this show are very smart with this and are constantly bringing up old references and staying true to past topics and stories.

That's definitely the character of the seasons that I've watched. However, I remember thinking when I was watching season 4 that this thing needed to be wrapped up in 6 or so seasons. Now we're in 7, I believe, with no end in site. I think that at some point its really going to be drawn out.

I for one cannot figure out how people find Big Bang Theory funny. The comedy is almost insulting to me.

I agree 1000%. That show is just awful. The worst on TV right now. Yet so many people with generally sound senses of humor love it.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
That's definitely the character of the seasons that I've watched. However, I remember thinking when I was watching season 4 that this thing needed to be wrapped up in 6 or so seasons. Now we're in 7, I believe, with no end in site. I think that at some point its really going to be drawn out.

I agree 1000%. That show is just awful. The worst on TV right now. Yet so many people with generally sound senses of humor love it.

Well maybe some of us can relate to those guys. :twitcy:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
This won't happen, the writers of this show are very smart with this and are constantly bringing up old references and staying true to past topics and stories.

I am with you on this 100%. I still love the show. I gave up on the trying to figure out the mother along time ago and I think it made the show more likable. I also like that there was a lot of maybe the mother is this character questions. The writers have been eliminating these quite a bit recently (Robin, Victoria, Stella, etc.). The mom is back to being a mystery and I like it that way. Interesting though I remember an interview that one of the writers wished they would have made Robin be the mom.

I think they've also fixed their other main problem, which was Ted. The main character of the show is also the worst of the main cast. They've basically just gone with acknowledging that Ted is kind of a big ****** this season and he's actually more likeable for it.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Well maybe some of us can relate to those guys. :twitcy:

I like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, but those characters are just bad, and I just don't find the jokes funny at all.

Besides, they seem to be on a "nerd" level that I've never seen in real life. I know one actual scientist, and he spends his free time brewing beer, listening to Tom Petty albums on vinyl, and running. There just doesn't seem to be anything relatable in that damn show. Sheldon is the single worst character in the history of television.

Help Support Us

Become a patron