Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
My brother lives 2 miles from CHA. Talked to him last night, he didn't even know they were playing, let alone is going and he is a Hawk fan (albeit football, not really MBB). He did comment that if it was WBB he would be all over it.
Did he know the Iowa women are hosting?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Waiting for that awesome Iowa Sports Marketing Department or the AD to rename CHA as "Historic Carver Hawkeye Arena". Come on now CC did break the all-time scoring record in it.

I cringe at thought of having to go there for our last kid's graduation in May. Yeh, we failed as parents, but living in Ames is whole life he wanted to be on his own for a bit (he does prefer ISU BB over Iowa BB though). Will have to see if they put a sticker on the floor, even with the BB floor being removed. Probably will have that spot roped off so one can sit there or maybe it will be my chance to actually see here there graduating.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
While I do want K state to win, who ever goes needs to wear Iowa State gear and every single time a K state player gets bumped slightly, yell out "There's a flopper"

Reactions: NWICY and RezClone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Is there any good reason why K-State is a heavy dog? K-State +195 seems like an easy pick.
It's all about who is more motivated. KSU has more talent, but Iowa will be super jacked up to play.

Plus KSU has been a big pile of losing since Tang wigged out at Hilton. 5-9 since that game on Jan 24, and haven't won a road game since Jan 9 at West Virginia (their only road w in conference play).

They did beat Texas in their KC tourney game, but I put that on Texas doing their usual "we have a big halftime lead, time to coast" style and their coach being a muppet.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My brother lives 2 miles from CHA. Talked to him last night, he didn't even know they were playing, let alone is going and he is a Hawk fan (albeit football, not really MBB). He did comment that if it was WBB he would be all over it.
My gods their deflection from mens to womens is nuts.

Biz partner just got back from 2 weeks vacation, start catching up talking basketball, and 2 sentences in all he wants to talk about is the women's bracket. Can't even have a conversation about the men's brackets...

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's all about who is more motivated. KSU has more talent, but Iowa will be super jacked up to play.

Plus KSU has been a big pile of losing since Tang wigged out at Hilton. 5-9 since that game on Jan 24, and haven't won a road game since Jan 9 at West Virginia (their only road w in conference play).

They did beat Texas in their KC tourney game, but I put that on Texas doing their usual "we have a big halftime lead, time to coast" style and their coach being a muppet.
Is Iowa jacked to play? I'm not sure that's a given. If you believe the rumors, Fran is looking for an escape route, or is at least entertaining the idea. And I have a hard time believing that any power 5 team, especially one coming off a run of successive NCAA tournament appearances is going to be all that hyped to play in the also-ran tournament.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009

Iowa's going to be super jacked?

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Iowa's going to be super jacked?
As Bon Jovi famously sang "You live for the NIT when it's all that you got". Plus God is on Jerome Tang's side (according to Tang) so Iowa had better be jacked or face some Old Testament Wrath of God raining brimstone and hell fire down on the knitting blue hairs. This ain't Jorbo throwing ice cubes in a night club--we're talking Apocalypse in Carver Hawkeye.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Is Iowa jacked to play? I'm not sure that's a given. If you believe the rumors, Fran is looking for an escape route, or is at least entertaining the idea. And I have a hard time believing that any power 5 team, especially one coming off a run of successive NCAA tournament appearances is going to be all that hyped to play in the also-ran tournament.
Fran is older than me and dirt. :eek: He is Medicare eligible in a couple of months. He can surely afford to retire and just go watch the youngest kid play. Those defense videos must sell like hotcakes, a lot of teams play crappy defense.

Reactions: h-man64 and NWICY

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I've heard the company they contract with for creation of banners has a clause in their SOW that if they don't create anything for over 10 years, the contract is null and void. So I'm guessing Iowa's desperate to hang a "runner up of the 1st round of NIT" banner to keep their low rate locked in.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I live 2 hours from IC and I can sense the excitement from here. To quote Jon Rothstein, "palpable buzz".

Have to imagine Freeman is just hoping to get this over with so he can get a jump-start on the transfer portal.

Reactions: RezClone