All-Inclusive Trip

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I've been to Riviera Maya (El Dorado Royale) and Puerto Vallarta (NOW Amber Resorts and Spa). Both were really nice, but the resort at Puerto Vallarta had much better views of the Ocean. Also, really liked the more mountainous nature of PV over RM. Cancun and surrounding area seems like an easier flight time from Midwest.

We are headed to Cancun (Liva Aqua) in June for 5 days. In my opinion it is best to go for minimum 5 nights but not longer than 7.

In terms of booking, I have used BookIt, Expedia, and will now be using Southwest Vacations for Cancun (so we will see how that goes). Both travel sites I've used were pleasant. Also, you can usually reserve your transportation cheaper if you do it separately from the booking sites. I like to do mine in advance online with a reputable agency at the destination.

Live Aqua is very nice, stayed there last year. Good food, good staff, quality alcohol. You'll have a good time.

PFlatts

Nov 1, 2013
I'll be traveling to Moon Palace in Cancun at the end of April I'd love to hear some more insight about it. TIA

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I'll be traveling to Moon Palace in Cancun at the end of April I'd love to hear some more insight about it. TIA

Never been to Moon Palace but it seems like everybody from my town goes there and they all go back over and over again so they really seem to like it. More family friendly from what I've heard. Great golf, etc. I'm looking for more rowdy atmosphere and not really into kids running around so I've never gone.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Im assuming they would prefer pesos over dollars. Where can you convert those and I'm not even sure how much to bring. Would need for tips.

You can tip and buy most things in dollars. In jamaica you get better deals in dollars.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Just came back from Breathless, all-inclusive, adults only, resort just outside of Punta Cana. Very nice long beach, all kinds of different on resort restaurants, party pool and relax pool, great service. Went snorkeling to Catalina island and surfing on Macao beach. Many other excursions available. Would go back for sure.

You can Check out tripadvisor comments/forum section for more, or let me know if you have any questions. It was $4K for my wife and I for 6 nights.

Last edited:

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I took one to Puerto Vallarto (sp) and had a great time. Remember to swim with the dolphins if you get a chance - single most exhilarating experience I've ever had.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Bumping this old thread. Is it possible to get an all-inclusive deal for two people and keep it under $2000.00? If so, where would you suggest. The Virgin Islands would be nice since we wouldn't need to worry about a passport, but that really isn't that big of a deal.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Bumping this old thread. Is it possible to get an all-inclusive deal for two people and keep it under $2000.00? If so, where would you suggest. The Virgin Islands would be nice since we wouldn't need to worry about a passport, but that really isn't that big of a deal.

how many days and is that including flights?

I've heard the Dominican is cheap.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
how many days and is that including flights?

I've heard the Dominican is cheap.
Was thinking 3-5 days. Was hoping that did include flight. I've never been to an all-inclusive place so I'm not sure if my price range is realistic.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
Was thinking 3-5 days. Was hoping that did include flight. I've never been to an all-inclusive place so I'm not sure if my price range is realistic.
You need to go more than 3 days. Your first day you probably won't arrive until 2 or 3 depending on flights. Your last day you will get picked up early to make sure you don't miss your flight home. They always get you there extra early. I would say look at min of 5 days.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

Not really. We just priced out resorts in the Dominican and we're looking at 3300-3800 for 5 nights. You might be able make it work for 2000-2500 for a short stay, going to a cheaper resort and driving to a major airport for your flight. I wouldn't recommend spending the money for the flight and only staying 3 nights. Your first and last days will be half spent flying even if you get early and late flights. It takes a day or two to settle in and you'll wish you would have sprung for another couple nights. Just my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Flights to most of these locations will be $500 to $800 per person. So under $2000 all in will be hard to do.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Good to know, thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to make more realistic expectations. With that in mind, would the Dominican be the place to look for cheaper options?

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
Good to know, thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to make more realistic expectations. With that in mind, would the Dominican be the place to look for cheaper options?

All depends on the resort you choose. Cancun has many more options. DR might have some cheap as well. When we went to DR the resort we stayed at was money. But also wasn't cheap

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

I would recommend it. There may be some cheaper places in Mexico if you look around. Im sure travel agent would be happy to pull some prices for you and let you know your options.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
All depends on the resort you choose. Cancun has many more options. DR might have some cheap as well. When we went to DR the resort we stayed at was money. But also wasn't cheap

Out of curiosity, where did you stay?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
can play around on the CheapCaribbean website as well. Looks sketchy but can give a decent idea of the difference between say, Cancun and Punta Cana.

Reactions: CycloneNorth

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I just did 4 nights in the Dominican and paid $3,800 for 2 of us. I would think Cancun would be a cheaper option then Dominican.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron