All-Inclusive Trip

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Love Riviera Maya, stay at an adult only place, no whiny kids all over the place, if possible.
Make sure you pay an extra $20 or whatever for a private ride from the airport. Sooo worth it.
I think we stayed at the Grand Paladium last time, good restaurants there.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Where did you go in Punta Cana?? We went to Excellence, was awesome.... I know Blum went them recently too....

Interested in hearing more about Punta Cana. My fiance and I are getting married there next June and have it narrowed down to 3-4 resorts in that area.

Paradisus Palma Real
Paradisus The Reserve
NOW Larimar
Excellence

Could you please share how much you paid also including flights? We're taking a group of 30-50 so we're trying to get it under $1600 per person but so far we're not having much luck. Would love to hear more

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Interested in hearing more about Punta Cana. My fiance and I are getting married there next June and have it narrowed down to 3-4 resorts in that area.

Paradisus Palma Real
Paradisus The Reserve
NOW Larimar
Excellence

Could you please share how much you paid also including flights? We're taking a group of 30-50 so we're trying to get it under $1600 per person but so far we're not having much luck. Would love to hear more

Holy schnikeys!

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007

Paradisus Palma Real
Paradisus The Reserve
NOW Larimar
Excellence

We honeymoon'd to Excellence in Punta Cana and it was fantastic. We paid roughly 2400 per person for 5 nights, including airfare and private transfer. We stayed in their Excellence club as well and I don't think that was worth the extra cash. Food was way better than I expected and the drinks were loaded and limitless.

There wasn't a lot to do at the actual resort however, other than drink and lay at the pool or beach. You had to book excursions that were often an hour away since Excellence is towards the end of the island. But I would definitely go back.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

Paradisus Palma Real
Paradisus The Reserve
NOW Larimar
Excellence

Wife and I went here last summer. We loved every minute of it. Then again, we would love any all inclusive vacation as we are easy to please.

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
I am heading to Sandals Whitehouse next wednesday, I have been to Secrets(Montego Bay, and Mexico), Excellence (Punta Cana), and Sandals(all in Jamaica).... All three are pretty great resourts. From my perspective you will not have much luck tracking down an All-Inclusive in the states. If you do hear of one please share here.....

We just got back from Sandals Negril in Jamaica. I have heard Whitehouse is nice. Let me know how that is.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I guess that I will have to say that my brother got married at NOW Larimar (don't remember for sure). No idea on the cost. It was a pretty nice resort but you couldn't really go of the resort except for excursions. The food was also not very good or at least most of the people had at least one or two days of needing to stay closer to the rest rooms. This seemed to be common among many of the resorts near Punta Cana but maybe not. They blamed it on the poor American diet and could be right.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I guess that I will have to say that my brother got married at NOW Larimar (don't remember for sure). No idea on the cost. It was a pretty nice resort but you couldn't really go of the resort except for excursions. The food was also not very good or at least most of the people had at least one or two days of needing to stay closer to the rest rooms. This seemed to be common among many of the resorts near Punta Cana but maybe not. They blamed it on the poor American diet and could be right.

The only restaurant that I wasn't a fan of at NOW Larimar was the Hibachi grill place. I did have a day or so that I had to know where bathrooms were at all times, but it was 1000000x better than the summer before in Mexico, so I was pleased.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
We just got back from Sandals Negril in Jamaica. I have heard Whitehouse is nice. Let me know how that is.
definitely will.... We went to Sandals Royal Plantation last year, I think it will take a lot to beat that trip.... Not a huge resort only 75 rooms, each room has a butler though.... Small beach small pool, but everything was perfect!!!

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Paradisus Palma Real
Paradisus The Reserve
NOW Larimar
Excellence

Out of all the places I have stayed Excellence easily has the best pool.... Mostly all connected and winds through the resort. We had a swim up room, and I believe it cost around $5000ish total.... I know a lot of the prices are dependent on the room.... We went with friends that had garden view and it was decently cheaper....

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Holy schnikeys!

Yes, I know. We already have 35 confirmed yes's and have 40 maybe's so that number might be even bigger.

Brent- Thanks for sharing man. I'm trying to shy away from Punta Cana myself. I feel like with as many people as were taking that we need to go somewhere people can get off the resort and go do something. Also, I don't believe Excellence had a golf course and a golf course is a must.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Yes, I know. We already have 35 confirmed yes's and have 40 maybe's so that number might be even bigger.

Brent- Thanks for sharing man. I'm trying to shy away from Punta Cana myself. I feel like with as many people as were taking that we need to go somewhere people can get off the resort and go do something. Also, I don't believe Excellence had a golf course and a golf course is a must.

Destination weddings are awesome. You guys will have a blast. I've been on a 40 person destination wedding. It's the perfect size.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Destination weddings are awesome. You guys will have a blast. I've been on a 40 person destination wedding. It's the perfect size.

This is good to know.

When you guys went where did you go? Also, While you were there did the bride and groom plan stuff for everyone to do together or let people spend their time as they may but certain things scheduled for just family and others for family and friends?

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

This is good to know.

When you guys went where did you go? Also, While you were there did the bride and groom plan stuff for everyone to do together or let people spend their time as they may but certain things scheduled for just family and others for family and friends?

Also was at a 30-40 person destination wedding that was a blast, in Riviera Maya. No planning by the bride and groom, everyone was free to do what they wanted and I think everyone preferred it that way. 8 of us guys left the resort once for a deep sea fishing excursion, otherwise we were on the resort the whole time. There is always going to be stuff to do, so leaving the resort is not completely necessary. As long as there is a beach, and pools with swim up bars, 95% of your party will be extremely content.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
Im assuming they would prefer pesos over dollars. Where can you convert those and I'm not even sure how much to bring. Would need for tips.