All-Inclusive Trip

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
I'm looking for a vacation that is all-inclusive somewhere in Florida or Mexico.

Anyone have good experiences booking trips that are all-inclusive? Any places that you would recommend?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I was pretty happy with this place. It was called something different when we went but I really couldn't ask for more. It had nice rooms, 5 different restaurants, nice pool, good staff, only adults allowed, etc.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...a_Cancun-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#photos

With that said, the last time we went we went with another couple and rented a house on Isla Majara with it's own pool. For about the same price, it was a lot better.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I am heading to Sandals Whitehouse next wednesday, I have been to Secrets(Montego Bay, and Mexico), Excellence (Punta Cana), and Sandals(all in Jamaica).... All three are pretty great resourts. From my perspective you will not have much luck tracking down an All-Inclusive in the states. If you do hear of one please share here.....

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I think the big thing you have to ask yourself is how often are you going to leave the resort? When we stayed in Cancun we didn't leave the resort a single time in 6 days. If that's the case, I'd be more concerned about the resort than the location. We we stayed in Isla we ate out every night so location was important.

rudiskilz

Apr 28, 2010
West Des Moines
Wife and I have been to Bahamas and Costa Rica. Costa Rica was one of the best places i have ever been.

http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/costa-rica/guanacaste/hotel-riu-guanacaste/

Costa rica was a lot cheaper then Bahamas as well. We are going to another RIU in Panama over spring break in a couple weeks.

We have booked first two trips through a travel agent, this upcoming trip we booked through travelocity... we will see how it goes....

seiowaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2006
Jester Park
Have to echo the Palace Resorts praise. I've been to Moon Palace Cancun on three different occasions and have never had any complaints. So many different food and drink options, you can't hit them all unless you're there for a week. Awesome golf course too, I believe it's the only Jack Nicklaus course in Cancun, and it's 27 holes instead of 18. The service has always been very good, and the little things they do to make your visit great, really do make for a great visit. It's also a short trip from the airport, and they offer numerous day trips that you can pay for with resort credits. I enjoyed the Mayan ruins at Tulum, much more so than the pyramid at Chichanitza (sp?).

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
I'm looking for a vacation that is all-inclusive somewhere in Florida or Mexico.

Anyone have good experiences booking trips that are all-inclusive? Any places that you would recommend?
Is this a college/get **** *** drunk most nights trip? Or a nice relaxing trip with significant other/family? Either answer brings about much different suggestions.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Wondering the same thing. I'd like to get away for 4-7 days before spring gets here but really don't want to spend more than 17-18 hundred for 2.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I am heading to Sandals Whitehouse next wednesday, I have been to Secrets(Montego Bay, and Mexico), Excellence (Punta Cana), and Sandals(all in Jamaica).... All three are pretty great resourts. From my perspective you will not have much luck tracking down an All-Inclusive in the states. If you do hear of one please share here.....

Whitehouse looked nice, but ohh man is it a drive from MBJ.

OP: You won't find an all inclusive inside the US. Too expensive to run here. They will all be in Mexico or Caribbean somewhere.

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
I've been to Riviera Maya (El Dorado Royale) and Puerto Vallarta (NOW Amber Resorts and Spa). Both were really nice, but the resort at Puerto Vallarta had much better views of the Ocean. Also, really liked the more mountainous nature of PV over RM. Cancun and surrounding area seems like an easier flight time from Midwest.

We are headed to Cancun (Liva Aqua) in June for 5 days. In my opinion it is best to go for minimum 5 nights but not longer than 7.

In terms of booking, I have used BookIt, Expedia, and will now be using Southwest Vacations for Cancun (so we will see how that goes). Both travel sites I've used were pleasant. Also, you can usually reserve your transportation cheaper if you do it separately from the booking sites. I like to do mine in advance online with a reputable agency at the destination.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We went to El Presidente Los Cabos in San Jose del Cabo. It is nice, quiet and out of the way, a little more tied to nature with a bird sanctuary and some pristine beach, but a quick and cheap cab ride to the shopping, water activities and crazy night life in Cabo San Lucas. It is closer to the airport than Cabo San Lucas but we never heard air traffic noise. You have to go right by it if flying in and staying in San Lucas.

And half way between the resort and San Lucas is Cabo del Sol, absolutely beautiful golf courses that combine desert vistas with ocean views that will take your breath away. It is a Jack Nicklaus signature course. He called the last three holes "the three finest finishing holes in all of golf". The two courses are in the top 6 courses in all of Mexico.

http://www.cabodelsol.com/content/index.html

The swim up bar at the resort pool is great. If you go, make sure you ask them to make you an O.B.

It has been 15 years since we were there, so I can't speak to how the resort is today.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
We went to El Presidente Los Cabos in San Jose del Cabo. It is nice, quiet and out of the way, a little more tied to nature with a bird sanctuary and some pristine beach, but a quick and cheap cab ride to the shopping, water activities and crazy night life in Cabo San Lucas. It is closer to the airport than Cabo San Lucas but we never heard air traffic noise. You have to go right by it if flying in and staying in San Lucas.

And half way between the resort and San Lucas is Cabo del Sol, absolutely beautiful golf courses that combine desert vistas with ocean views that will take your breath away. It is a Jack Nicklaus signature course. He called the last three holes "the three finest finishing holes in all of golf". The two courses are in the top 6 courses in all of Mexico.

http://www.cabodelsol.com/content/index.html

The swim up bar at the resort pool is great. If you go, make sure you ask them to make you an O.B.

It has been 15 years since we were there, so I can't speak to how the resort is today.

Played that course when I was on my honeymoon. Beautiful course. I also believe that is the same course that Hoiberg got a double eagle on the Par 5 2nd.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Spent a week in Riviera Maya at the Barcelo Maya Tropical resort last fall. It is my only trip to Mexico, and my only all inclusive, but it was very nice.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Did an all inclusive at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It's the way to go. Don't have to worry about cash at all on the resort. Make sure the all inclusive includes alcohol. Bring a stack of $1's for tips, it will keep the drinks coming quicker.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Did an all inclusive at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It's the way to go. Don't have to worry about cash at all on the resort. Make sure the all inclusive includes alcohol. Bring a stack of $1's for tips, it will keep the drinks coming quicker.

Where did you go in Punta Cana?? We went to Excellence, was awesome.... I know Blum went them recently too....

twnp3rd

Feb 24, 2014
We just stayed at Sandals (Ocho Rios, Jamaica). It ended up being cheaper than anything that was close to comparable in Mexico. We had a great time and the resort was awesome. We will be making a return trip in the future.