VEGAS: Iowa State a 1.5 point underdog to Texas Tech

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Still have no idea why losing to TT is considered a bad loss when talking about the tournament. I hope we get this one and then they win out.
Agreed, same feeling about TCU. I want to beat these teams, but would love to see them make the tournament too.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
All games become must win in February and March, but getting Tech on the road would be huge! With Baylor, Okie State and West Virginia remaining this game in Lubbock needs to go our way.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
They might come out a little slow considering the quick turn around after a double OT game. I like our chances.

• Agree
Reactions: marvisn

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I saw a promotion by Texas Tech for the Iowa State game. You get 4 free tickets if you are season ticket holder.

Must have a ton of trouble filling up their place if they need to give people four free tickets!!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The good thing about last week was that this game is not a must win and is just a game that would be nice to win.

I like how we are playing, but the short turn around and the hellish trip to Lubbock is difficult. And Tech is playing really well. Should have beat Kansas, beat Baylor, and could have easily beat West Virginia. It would be a huge win!

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Think Tech 'could' still get in possibly if they finish with 3 or 4 wins and a win in the big12 tourney. They'll be treating this as a must win, I'm sure. I am optimistic about our team now, but I'd be shocked if we can go to Tech with 1 day turnaround and win there considering that they've beat Baylor and WV there. I'll join the koolaid drinkers if they pull that off.
Tell me again why we have to play on Monday? I mean, Texas at WV is the big Monday game.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
The good thing about last week was that this game is not a must win and is just a game that would be nice to win.

I like how we are playing, but the short turn around and the hellish trip to Lubbock is difficult. And Tech is playing really well. Should have beat Kansas, beat Baylor, and could have easily beat West Virginia. It would be a huge win!
Very short turnaround no doubt, but they have the same amount of rest as us, but they had to take an already tough West Virginia team to double OT. Doesn't get much tougher than that for them.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Win this, and we have probably the best road team I ever remember. I was pretty young for the Tinsley and Fizer years.
The thing about that Tinsley and Fizer team of 99-00...Even on the road, you never thought they were going to lose. And when they did, I believe it took OT to do so. Tremendously mature, strong team.

Reactions: awd4cy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The thing about that Tinsley and Fizer team of 99-00...Even on the road, you never thought they were going to lose. And when they did, I believe it took OT to do so. Tremendously mature, strong team.

Also need to remember that in 2000 they had an easy road schedule. Oklahoma state and Texas were too teams besides us and they were st home.