NBA: ***Official 2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread***

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Circle the date - Thursday, Nov 3rd. OKC @ Golden State. Westbrook vs. Durant, Round One.

What Westbrook does this year without Durnat is going to be really interesting to see. I don't think there's much middle ground; he's either going to develop into a legit MVP candidate for a championship contender or post the highest usage rate in league history on a forty win team.
I don't know why I didn't realize this until now but Thursday will be on the end of a back-to-back for OKC (playing LAC on Wednesday). I don't have my hopes up for either of these games, LAC has looked pretty good so far and GSW will have a leg up with home court and an extra day of rest.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Just getting Rose out of Chicago helped with chemistry. Bulls have looked good so far. I also like the pick of of Michael Carter Williams for a back up PG role.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Just getting Rose out of Chicago helped with chemistry. Bulls have looked good so far. I also like the pick of of Michael Carter Williams for a back up PG role.

Break up the Bulls! *jimlad*

There's no way they keep shooting from three at their current rate, but they do look better than I thought they would. I think you're right about Derrick Rose; getting him out of town was a long overdue move. Moving Joakim Noah helped, too.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Break up the Bulls! *jimlad*

There's no way they keep shooting from three at their current rate, but they do look better than I thought they would. I think you're right about Derrick Rose; getting him out of town was a long overdue move. Moving Joakim Noah helped, too.

Yeah they won't keep shooting at that clip. I agree on Noah too. I can't believe the Knicks actually traded for them.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah they won't keep shooting at that clip. I agree on Noah too. I can't believe the Knicks actually traded for them.

I can, just because all the Knicks have done for the last twenty years is make stupid deals. What I can't believe is that Hornacek signed on to coach that mess. They have one legit building block for the future in Porzingis, and they're hindering his development by surrounding him with a broken down big man and past their prime, ball dominant volume scorers. They would have been better off dealing Carmelo while he still has some value and kicking off a true rebuilding process.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Man so far the rookie class looks really bad overall. I know it is only a few games but so far it looks like Embiid is going to run away with the rookie of the year if he stays healthy.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Man so far the rookie class looks really bad overall. I know it is only a few games but so far it looks like Embiid is going to run away with the rookie of the year if he stays healthy.
Idk, Kris Dunn was pretty damn impressive in his first start. Lots didn't show up in the score-sheet also, 5 steals is just absurd for a rookie.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Idk, Kris Dunn was pretty damn impressive in his first start. Lots didn't show up in the score-sheet also, 5 steals is just absurd for a rookie.

Right now it looks like the steal of the draft was the Bucks getting Malcolm Brogdon in the second round. I don't know if he has a very high ceiling as an NBA player but there might not have been a more NBA ready guy in his class.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and srjclone

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Right now it looks like the steal of the draft was the Bucks getting Malcolm Brogdon in the second round. I don't know if he has a very high ceiling as an NBA player but there might not have been a more NBA ready guy in his class.

Yeah Brogdon has done a really nice job. I can see him having a really long career in the NBA as a solid backup.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Bucks beat Pacers Georges got 1 min 1assist and -4 whatever that means in the box score.