Iowa Football Recruiting

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Yes he said ISU isn't elite because they lost to UAB. Duke and Michigan State aren't elite then because they lost to 14 and 15 seeds by that theory. He could have given plenty of reasons why ISU isn't elite but that is not one of them
The type of logic that means Iowa should be D2 after Augustana

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clarification on the "no visit policy"

It’s a policy, not a rule
Iowa’s policy with high school football players that make a verbal commitment to the Hawkeyes is that they don’t take any other campus visits. The Hawkeye staff looks at it as two parties making a commitment to one another.

The word policy, though, is the key — it’s not a rule, Ferentz said Tuesday.

The policy has become a hot topic in recruiting circles recently, with two four-star Class of 2017 commitments from Texas — running back Eno Benjamin and cornerback Chevin Calloway — taking visits to other schools. And reports surfaced Tuesday that Michigan is pushing Texas defensive back Matt Hankins to make an official visit to Ann Arbor.

“I tease our coaches sometimes, there's policies and then there's rules,” Ferentz said of the issue. “Policies are policies. You can break policies. There's no penalty. But rules are rules.”

Ferentz cannot speak specifically about a prospect until he signs a national letter of intent, but spoke in generalities about the response to commitments who are looking around.

“It's like anything else, you just decide every individual case and kind of go from there,” Ferentz said. “I think it's good to have policies and beliefs, and hopefully everybody that's on board is on board and goes with us.”

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Clarification on the "no visit policy"

It’s a policy, not a rule
Iowa’s policy with high school football players that make a verbal commitment to the Hawkeyes is that they don’t take any other campus visits. The Hawkeye staff looks at it as two parties making a commitment to one another.

The word policy, though, is the key — it’s not a rule, Ferentz said Tuesday.

The policy has become a hot topic in recruiting circles recently, with two four-star Class of 2017 commitments from Texas — running back Eno Benjamin and cornerback Chevin Calloway — taking visits to other schools. And reports surfaced Tuesday that Michigan is pushing Texas defensive back Matt Hankins to make an official visit to Ann Arbor.

“I tease our coaches sometimes, there's policies and then there's rules,” Ferentz said of the issue. “Policies are policies. You can break policies. There's no penalty. But rules are rules.”

Ferentz cannot speak specifically about a prospect until he signs a national letter of intent, but spoke in generalities about the response to commitments who are looking around.

“It's like anything else, you just decide every individual case and kind of go from there,” Ferentz said. “I think it's good to have policies and beliefs, and hopefully everybody that's on board is on board and goes with us.”

Thanks for posting. Good to hear everything with Eno was cleared up.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am officially opening up my recruitment! <br><br> Thank you &amp; God Bless <a href="https://t.co/Q3qILK12ni">pic.twitter.com/Q3qILK12ni</a></p>&mdash; EB5™ (@eno_benjamin5) <a href="">October 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#TrustInEno

Not sure how to get rid of the extra stuff. I tried.

Last edited:

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Oh boy. lol

I can't be on CF at all tomorrow at work. That should be golden. Who is the next shoe to fall?