***Official Iowa at Iowa State (Men) Gameday Thread***

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That's how I prefer to watch any ISU game. I get too worked up over them. It can get embarrassing in a public setting.

In addition, I hate it when people want to small talk during action of the game. Dude, if you want to talk about how my job is going ask during a time out or half time!

Yeah, I know that makes me an ***.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Can't wait to be screaming from my mancave.

Am I the only one that would rather watch it by myself or with 1-2 good clone friends than at a bar? While the bar atmosphere is awesome, I feel like I'm not as attentive to the game.

If I can't be at the game, then I agree. And there will always be a couple db squawks at the bar to ruin it.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
That's how I prefer to watch any ISU game. I get too worked up over them. It can get embarrassing in a public setting.

Agreed. One of my friends roommates make fun of me. He likes ISU but doesn't get into it like I do. He doesn't understand why I'm so jittery. I don't sit still, bite my nails off, or have to have some type of object to throw around. It's pretty embarrassing.

CyCope

Dec 11, 2011
Hit tape up! [video=youtube;mu-KeXxpZEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-KeXxpZEE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOzN9D4MUO5jYbCSEE2iYEA[/video]

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Can't wait to be screaming from my mancave.

Am I the only one that would rather watch it by myself or with 1-2 good clone friends than at a bar? While the bar atmosphere is awesome, I feel like I'm not as attentive to the game.

I view this as a requirement. Bar furniture is too expensive to replace and my dog would miss laughing at me.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Here's Seth Greenberg's video preview for ESPN...
Big-Game Breakdown: Iowa vs. Iowa St. - ESPN Video - ESPN

This game will be decided by Niang's, Ejim's and especially Kane's performance due to the mismatches they present for Iowa. I really think CFH will try to get D. Kane matched up with Gessel/Clemmons in the post. If that consistently happens I'd expect DeAndre will lead the game in scoring.

11 hours to Tip Off!

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Here's Seth Greenberg's video preview for ESPN...
Big-Game Breakdown: Iowa vs. Iowa St. - ESPN Video - ESPN

This game will be decided by Niang's, Ejim's and especially Kane's performance due to the mismatches they present for Iowa. I really think CFH will try to get D. Kane matched up with Gessel/Clemmons in the post. If that consistently happens I'd expect DeAndre will lead the game in scoring.

11 hours to Tip Off!

Really not sure how they defend Kane without going zone, and I don't think they can play zone the whole game.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Really not sure how they defend Kane without going zone, and I don't think they can play zone the whole game.

I agree. I expect Iowa to start out in zone to see if Matt/DeAndre are hitting their shots to start. ISU has seem to come out of the gate a litte jacked up in these big games perhaps rushing, thus having cold to start. But once a couple go in Fran will be forced to go man-to-man for a majority of the game. To that point, I think that Fred will run some sets designed for Thomas to get a few clear 3 looks to help him into to a grove early on.

CoachK

Dec 3, 2013
IOWA
I'm jacked up for this game. If we continue to keep playing are basketball I have no doubt about us winning 2nite. Hittin 3's and dishin down to Georges and Melvin. Side note here, Iowa might have the most un-athletic looking basketball team I have ever seen in White, Utoff, and McCabe. They seriously look like they don't even belong on the court and then all of a sudden one of them will dunk it and my brain cramps up...
Moral of this story big game for our Cyclones. IA State 93 Iowa 89.

Last edited by a moderator:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I agree. I expect Iowa to start out in zone to see if Matt/DeAndre are hitting their shots to start. ISU has seem to come out of the gate a litte jacked up in these big games perhaps rushing, thus having cold to start. But once a couple go in Fran will be forced to go man-to-man for a majority of the game. To that point, I think that Fred will run some sets designed for Thomas to get a few clear 3 looks to help him into to a grove early on.

I think it'll be the opposite. Iowa will start out man-to-man because the starting lineups matchup okay for them, when ISU has 3 bigs in.

When ISU goes small, then I expect Iowa to go to a zone to protect their bigs from getting abused on the drive or losing a shooter.

But I don't think anyone should ever zone a Hoiball team. It's just not going to work.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think it'll be the opposite. Iowa will start out man-to-man because the starting lineups matchup okay for them, when ISU has 3 bigs in.

When ISU goes small, then I expect Iowa to go to a zone to protect their bigs from getting abused on the drive or losing a shooter.

But I don't think anyone should ever zone a Hoiball team. It's just not going to work.

I think everyone should zone us, just because it's not going to work.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Hawkeye Nation seems to be quietly confident about their team. It contrasts nicely with our bubbling confidence.

I know we have it in us, now let's execute. FINISH THEM!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Seriously ESPNU and that announce team doesn't do this game justice.

Reid Gettys loves Hoiberg and the Cyclones. He is always very complimentary of the ISU program and the guy does a lot of Big XII Network games so he is very familiar with the ISU team. I actually like it when he is on the call for ISU games.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
*sigh* *grumble*

I'm going to miss watching at LEAST the first half, if not the whole game. Same with husband. Gotta love it when your work schedule orbits around HS basketball. Have another big ISU fan in the family that probably has to ref some HS games tonight, too.

Oh well...that's what the DVR's for.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Okay, I just thought of a problem.

I have a optional final for a lab I am in tomorrow. I plan on taking it, but I need to study. So should I watch the game at home, give my ticket to someone, or just say screw it, and go to the game?