***Official Iowa at Iowa State (Men) Gameday Thread***

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Okay, I just thought of a problem.

I have a optional final for a lab I am in tomorrow. I plan on taking it, but I need to study. So should I watch the game at home, give my ticket to someone, or just say screw it, and go to the game?

What's the difference? You aren't going to study either way while the game is going. This is a no-brainer go to the game situation.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
True.

Okay, Im going to the game, but if I bomb the test tomorrow its on you Gunner.

You're going to go to the game tonight, we're going to win, then you're going to walk in to that lab final tomorrow and just ambush that test like Pierre Pierce on a white woman and just ACE it.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
In addition, I hate it when people want to small talk during action of the game. Dude, if you want to talk about how my job is going ask during a time out or half time!

Yeah, I know that makes me an ***.

This past fall during the ISU/Texas game I had the worst game watching experience at a bar. There was a gentlemen from Haiti who spoke with an accent which made it hard to understand him, and while watching the game he decided that I was going to be his best friend that night. The whole time I just nodded and smile politely thinking just let me watch my game in peace! Eventually he left right before halftime.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009

I have a optional final for a lab I am in tomorrow. I plan on taking it, but I need to study. So should I watch the game at home, give my ticket to someone, or just say screw it, and go to the game?

Ten years from now, maybe twenty years from now, what will be a better memory? The Cyclone win, or doing well on an optional final? I still fondly remember 1987.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If I can't be at the game, then I agree. And there will always be a couple db squawks at the bar to ruin it.

sadly I have balcony season tickets and for every major game the seats to left of me are always fans from other team. Past years KU, KSU and this year Michigan. So I'm sure I will be right next to some hawks tonight at the game.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

This is a no-brainer... you say screw it and go to the game!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
sadly I have balcony season tickets and for every major game the seats to left of me are always fans from other team. Past years KU, KSU and this year Michigan. So I'm sure I will be right next to some hawks tonight at the game.

Spice things up a bit... right as they throw up the opening tip just turn to your left and punch the hok right in the suckhole. A good knockout punch should keep them from annoying you the rest of the night. Problem solved.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Gentlemen-
Tomorrow night is your night. When you step onto the battlefield to take on your little brother Hoks, do so knowing the you have the strength of hundreds of thousands of fellow Cyclones on your side. Some of us will be in Hilton screaming our lungs out, while others will yelling through TV sets across the globe. We are counting on you to prove everyone that Iowa is the Cyclone state. It was, it is, and always will be the Cyclone state. With Hilton Magic and CyclONE Nation on your side, you will prevail. I believe in you. We believe in you. You need to believe it too, and I'm sure you do.

Bring It In!

Chad T. ISU '87

Every time I read this "The Final Countdown" pops in to my head.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
I'm a little surprised the game doesn't start until 8:30pm (CST). Is that normal or b/c of t.v.?

Hopefully the hawk fans will have a long, depressing drive back to Iowa City thinking about "what could have been."

GO STATE!!