Zach Petersen Commits

CRCy

Sep 13, 2016
Why would we have cooled on Waggoner, all Hawk fans (and gurus apparently) have said he is the #1 2018 recruit in the state. Or did I misread that?

Not to sound like sour grapes but aside from having all the measurables you want in a kid after watching some of his games he isn't a guy that dominated like he should have and took plenty of plays "off".

I obviously don't know specifics but I think the early signing period while good for teams like ISU and Iowa it also puts pressure on some guys to make a decision sooner rather than later or risk the possibility of teams finding their # at a position with someone else.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out but it helps not having "name brand" schools coming in last minute and filling their needs with recruits from the middle of the pack P5 schools. It also wouldn't surprise me to see some guys with a ton of offers not really have that many commitable offers when we get past the early signing period. My guess some HS kids will be hurt by the sped up process but overall think it's a huge win for schools like ISU.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Someone who followed both recruitments very closely pointed out who looked better on film between the two DE's in the state...
tenor.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I’m very excited and relieved we got Petersen. He really blew up. I was worried he’d end up at Nebraska or Illinois.

He’s better than a greyshirt, but I was hoping he’d do that solely for the development it facilitates.