• Corey Ihmels

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Christy Johnson-Lynch

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Let's hear it. Who do you think is ISU's best current head coach? I've included Ihmels because I believe he and Fennelly are the only two current ISU head coaches to have won the Big 12.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Best and favorite aren't the same thing. Best based on accomplishments is Fennelly.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Best and favorite aren't the same thing. Best based on accomplishments is Fennelly.

So, who is your favorite then? Why is the best coach not the favorite? Because of the sport he is in or is this somewhat because he had a bad year?

clone319

Nov 27, 2010
So, who is your favorite then? Why is the best coach not the favorite? Because of the sport he is in or is this somewhat because he had a bad year?

I don't even know where to begin with this post.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010

If I were 11 and still had things like favorite coaches, I'd go with Hoiberg. He said hi to me once and that means he is my friend.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Maybe I should reword it to "which coach leaving would leave you the most disappointed"?

Seriously some people on this board are crazy for Hoiberg and though he had a great season, I don't see why when there are so many coaches at ISU who have done great things who get no attention.

clone319

Nov 27, 2010
Maybe I should reword it to "which coach leaving would leave you the most disappointed"?

Seriously some people on this board are crazy for Hoiberg and though he had a great season, I don't see why when there are so many coaches at ISU who have done great things who get no attention.

I feel like you started this thread/poll...wanted people to vote for Fred...then when they did, call them out about it.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I feel like you started this thread/poll...wanted people to vote for Fred...then when they did, call them out about it.

Not really. I was actually interested on how Fred and Paul compared to Bill. One is proven and the other two still kinda unproven.

Rhoads needs to win more than six games in the regular season. He has had a tough time with the schedule and lack of talent and I will give him a lot more time, but he still has done little at this point.

Hoiberg had one good year. What would this year been like without White though? Can Hoiberg do better next year? I hope so, I'm pulling for him, still a lot of unknown factors though.

Fennelly was in the Elite 8 just a few years ago and it wasn't his first. He has won conference titles for ISU and has one of the longer steaks in the nation for NCAA appearances.

I just find it interesting. Is it because it is FB and BB instead of WBB? Is it because WBB has been a little on the decline the past few years? Is it because we know he can get good teams, but also know that Bill is never going to win a national title and may very likely never win another conference title and with the other two there is glimmer of possibility?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
My favorite coach was my assistant coach in my sophomore year of high school for basketball. He would always have something hilarious to say. My favorite being, "you can't fit a ten pound turd in a five pound bag."

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
As far as best, CJL sure has done a hell of a job since coming here, turning the VB program into a top 10 team. I think what she's done in her years here is probably the best results of any of our coaches in the last several years.

There's a ton to like about Fennelly, Rhoads, Hoiberg though.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
based on success, I'd go

Ihmels
CJL
Fennelly
Hoiberg
Rhoads

My rankings

Hoiberg
CJL