YOUR Conference Power Rankings

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
OU is outstanding. Mizzou is very good. I think the jury is still out on KU...my guess is that VT will prove them to be a BCS "phony" just as Georgia did with Hawaii.

Minus the first part of the game, KU hung with Missouri so I'm not so sure the jury is still out on them IMO. My guess is that the VT/KU game will be a good one.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Wow...call me surprised by the WVU thrashing of OU! Their interim HC at WVU appears to have been successful in using the "us against the world" motivational technique. I have watched WVU play several times this year and they really brought it last night.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Looks like Oklahoma's no-show game puts the Big 12 at 4-3. I predicted 6-2. Still can't believe WVU made it look so easy. And why Stoops tried an onside kick when the momentum was shifting OU's way is beyond me.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
What is worst? The Boise State trick play game or the WVU thrashing? Stoops use to be better in bowl games.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
If KU wins tonight and tOSU beats LSU, I may move the Big 12 to # 1. Then SEC and Big 10 #3. I don't think that the PAC 10 was very good outside of USC.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
If KU wins tonight and tOSU beats LSU, I may move the Big 12 to # 1. Then SEC and Big 10 #3. I don't think that the PAC 10 was very good outside of USC.

I'd agree to a point - but don't forget what ASU and Oregon did to begin the season. They failed down the stretch, but they were pretty dangerous for a while there.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I'd agree to a point - but don't forget what ASU and Oregon did to begin the season. They failed down the stretch, but they were pretty dangerous for a while there.
How you end the season is a pretty big part. I think Dixon getting hurt killed Oregon. And I have been impressed with the big 10 in the bowl season.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
How you end the season is a pretty big part. I think Dixon getting hurt killed Oregon. And I have been impressed with the big 10 in the bowl season.

This is true. Dixon was their team. I guess I don't have much of a point, because outsie of USC, Oregon, and ASU, they have a lot of sub-average teams.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The Big 10 #4 team (wis) lost by a fg to SEC #2 (tenn). Given Georgia shouls be #2. Point being good end of the season for Big 10 if tOSU wins.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
With our top two teams having impressive bowl victories, the Big 12 and SEC (with a LSU win) would tie. To say the SEC is 'clearly' or 'hands down' the better conference (this year) you would have be looking at things with yellow and black tinted glasses.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
With our top two teams having impressive bowl victories, the Big 12 and SEC (with a LSU win) would tie. To say the SEC is 'clearly' or 'hands down' the better conference (this year) you would have be looking at things with yellow and black tinted glasses.

How is saying the SEC is clearly the better conference being a homer for Iowa?

Also, one of the two top 2 teams for the Big 12 had impressive showings - the other one (OU was dominated).

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
When was the last time we've heard any Hawkeye fan giving props to the Big 12? You are just another example.

Mizzou and Kansas, two of the top teams in the Big 12 both won.

And BTW, isn't this thread worded YOUR conference power rankings. If you can't acknowledge the good year the Big 12 had this year in football when posting on CYCLONE Fanatic, go to a Hawkeye board where you will have everyone agreeing with you.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Speaking of OU crumbling, Stoops has lost 4 straight times in BCS. Maybe the Commish should ban Stoops from representing the Big 12 in the BCS. He is hurting our rep.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
When was the last time we've heard any Hawkeye fan giving props to the Big 12? You are just another example.

Mizzou and Kansas, two of the top teams in the Big 12 both won.

And BTW, isn't this thread worded YOUR conference power rankings. If you can't acknowledge the good year the Big 12 had this year in football when posting on CYCLONE Fanatic, go to a Hawkeye board where you will have everyone agreeing with you.

Didn't I rate the Big12 #2? I never said the Big12 was weak - I said the SEC is better. The SEC has won all but 2 games, and one was a complete mis-match.

I agree - the Big 12 has Missouri, Kansas, Texas, and Oklahoma - who all had great years this year, and really made the conference strong.

However, the SEC had LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, and then their second tier (Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Mississippi State) is hands down better than the 2nd tier Big12 (Colorado, TAMU, TTU, and Okie State).

Of course this is your opinion - that's cool. I'm just responding to the fact that you claim I'm wearing "black and yellow glasses", when all I was doing was giving my opinion.