Your best jab at UoI fans/homers?

CloneINOregon

Aug 16, 2010
Portland
People who think you can't be a fan if you didn't graduate from the school are stupid.

Come on...there are TONS of fans of college teams that didn't go to the college they root for.

I was a Wisconsin fan growing up when I use to live there.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
If you lived in SE Iowa you would know the kind of people we're talking about and there would be no arguments.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
The easiest way to make a squak fan stop giving you crap about ISU is simple.

Ask them to name anywhere from 6-10 players on the team and you can even add in an assistant coach or something. 99% of their "fans" have no clue about the team, they just like them cause everyone else does. This will make them stop talking about your team as well as make them look like idiots in front of everyone else which will usually make them go away. It is almost fail proof.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
The easiest way to make a squak fan stop giving you crap about ISU is simple.

Ask them to name anywhere from 6-10 players on the team and you can even add in an assistant coach or something. 99% of their "fans" have no clue about the team, they just like them cause everyone else does. This will make them stop talking about your team as well as make them look like idiots in front of everyone else which will usually make them go away. It is almost fail proof.

If there ever was an exaggeration, this would be it.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Iowa is pretty unique having two BCS schools in different conferences, especially considering the population. I'm glad we have the hawks, because it just increases my loyalty towards the Clones whenever I meet the Marty Polkas of the world.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If there ever was an exaggeration, this would be it.

I would bet you that if you went to any tailgate at any school and asked 10 people to name 10 guys on the football team, at least 5 wouldn't be able to do it. I am saying I agree and disagree with you. I think what he says is true but it doesn't make Iowa any different than anyone else.

IMO, I think that the most educated 10% of fans from ISU have a deeper knowledge of all athletic programs than the ones from Iowa. I think football wise they are about the same but if you go to basketball, womens basketball, volleyball, all the way down, ISU die hards have a better knowledge. In my home town there is a group of about ten people that are huge Iowa fans. They go to whatever bowl game and they will go to every big game in IC. They have no clue who some of their players are though and they know nothing about the basketball team.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I would bet you that if you went to any tailgate at any school and asked 10 people to name 10 guys on the football team, at least 5 wouldn't be able to do it. I am saying I agree and disagree with you. I think what he says is true but it doesn't make Iowa any different than anyone else.

IMO, I think that the most educated 10% of fans from ISU have a deeper knowledge of all athletic programs than the ones from Iowa. I think football wise they are about the same but if you go to basketball, womens basketball, volleyball, all the way down, ISU die hards have a better knowledge. In my home town there is a group of about ten people that are huge Iowa fans. They go to whatever bowl game and they will go to every big game in IC. They have no clue who some of their players are though and they know nothing about the basketball team.

Fair enough, it's a little easier to take what he's saying when you explain it. I consider myself a die-hard Iowa fan, though admittedly I don't know much about the volleyball, gymnastics, etc. That's not necessarily because I'm not a die-hard Iowa fan, it's just that I don't particularly care for volleyball or gymnastics in general. I know plenty about football (obviously, if you don't know that you're a pretty worthless fan), both basketball teams, wrestling (Though I wasn't really into wrestling until I got on campus 2 years ago. My high school sucked at it lol), baseball, and a little bit about swimming/diving and the track team (I have a couple friends on both of those teams, I like to keep up with how they're doing.) But I do admit that ISU fans have a general deeper knowledge of the ENTIRE athletic department, while Iowa fans focus a lot more on the Big 3 (football, men's basketball, and wrestling).