Yellow Dekalb ISU Hat-

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
I have seen a few yellow ISU hats with the Dekalb logo on the back.

My late Grandpa used to Sell Dekalb seed corn and my little bro and I arem a State grads. I just think it would be pretty neat if we were able to have/wear one or two.

I know to some people, they may just be a dumb freebee and it is in the back of your closet collecting dust. I would be very willing to take it off your hands, pay you or even buy you a couple beers before an ISU game if needed.

Or if anyone knows how I could get a couple, any info would be great.

Message me.

Thank You.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

My late Grandpa used to Sell Dekalb seed corn and my little bro and I arem a State grads. I just think it would be pretty neat if we were able to have/wear one or two.

I know to some people, they may just be a dumb freebee and it is in the back of your closet collecting dust. I would be very willing to take it off your hands, pay you or even buy you a couple beers before an ISU game if needed.

Message me.

Thank You.

I've seen a couple of these also with the new logo. Would love to get my hand on one of these...

I do have the old Cy in a blender hate with the Stine logo on the side. My dad sold Stine beans and a buddy of his from Carroll would get them made. He had a red hat, gold hat, blue hat, and a kahki color hat made. Needless to say, I have all four and still wear all the time.

Wonder if he got the new logo on them yet??

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI

Message me.

Thank You.

I don't know of a specific place, but I'd recommend finding a farm service, co-op, or dealer in the Ames area. They might be able to get you one. Dealers are probably listed on their websites. Way back I had a Land O' Lakes Iowa State hat I got from a Co-op.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I have one, but I'm not willing to part with it. They are awesome hats and very nicely done. Go to your local Dekalb/Asgrow dealer and they should have them. You might have to buy some seed or Round up to get one though.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I got one for a very reasonable price on Ebay, so try that.

Although this may be a dangerous forum to admit it, I also bought the matching Dekalb Hawkeye hat. They are the same color hat with the two different school logos and look great together... great decoration around the flat screen for the I-State - Iowa game!

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
If you're still in need come football season, I may be able to help you out.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I got one for a very reasonable price on Ebay, so try that.

Although this may be a dangerous forum to admit it, I also bought the matching Dekalb Hawkeye hat. They are the same color hat with the two different school logos and look great together... great decoration around the flat screen for the I-State - Iowa game!

BAAH RAAMM YOOOUU!!! BAAH RAAMM YOOOUU!!! BAAH RAAMM YOOOUU!!!

:jimlad:

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
They were given out at the farm progress show last year. Not sure if they will do it again for any reason this year. Go stake out the Monsanto tent this year at the Iowa game. You may be able to sweet talk one from somebody then. My kids have claimed mine. I need to get another also.

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
I'm pretty good friends with the area rep for Story county but I better not post his number here. He might not like getting bombarded by a bunch of Cyclone Fanatics calling. I would swing over to Nevada to the Heart of Iowa Coop and see if they have a few left over.

BTW. I believe Stine actually got in a little trouble when they made their hats. I do not believe they got approval from ISU. At least that was the rumor a few years ago. It was kind of ironic that they would make those hats since Harry Stine isn't very generous to ISU. He sends most of his money to some little private school in Kansas that he attended.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
They were given out at the farm progress show last year. Not sure if they will do it again for any reason this year. Go stake out the Monsanto tent this year at the Iowa game. You may be able to sweet talk one from somebody then. My kids have claimed mine. I need to get another also.

I got another one from my DK dealer this spring. Not sure how many they got but it was their last one.