Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
To be fair, wasn’t Foster a freshman or sophomore when Henry was a senior. Not really fair to compare a 14-15 year old to a 17-18 year old.
They are only a year apart. Anyways, I went through quikstats and compiled stats for both of their high school careers. Here are the results

Foster - senior junior sophomore freshman totals
points 375 345 343 179 1242
pts/G 23.4 14.4 12.7 7.5
rebounds 155 284 216 140 795
assists 40 32 48 23 143
turnovers 52 56 46 26 180
steals 17 32 26 14 89
blocks 59 148 96 87 390

Henry - senior junior sophomore freshman totals
points 388 391 280 12 1071
pts/G 19.4 15 11.7 1.1
rebounds 218 179 211 13 621
assists 81 142 71 7 301
turnovers 61 63 72 3 199
steals 9 7 7 2 25
blocks 19 15 20 2 56

Take from this what you would like.
Kind of annoying I took some time to make the format look presentable, only have it revert back, but oh well. If anyone has tips for pasting tables I would appreciate it.

BigD

Mar 12, 2014
Yeah I think that that's a coaching issue. There's no reason he should've been on the perimeter.
In the loss to Pella, he was 1-7 from the 3 point line and had zero offensive rebounds. I'm thinking he should have been under the hoop too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In the loss to Pella, he was 1-7 from the 3 point line and had zero offensive rebounds. I'm thinking he should have been under the hoop too.
Yeah like I said earlier, none of us really know why he was out there a ton. Sometimes you can get caught up in the moment and forget simple things like that until you go back and watch the film and go "what the hell were we doing?"

I know Prohm's going to use Foster's versatility next year and he won't only be a guy who shoots behind the line. At 7 feet tall with the wide range of abilities he has, teams are going to have a tough choice on who guards him. Do you put a shorter guy on him to counter his outside game? Well then you post him up down on the block. Do they put a bigger guy on him? Well Xavier can stretch that guy outside and take him off the dribble.

It's going to be fun to see a guy like him on Iowa State next year. I'm really excited. He's a unicorn when it comes to basketball ability and if he puts in the work, he could be very very special.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Why the **** do I have to read about some random Iowa high school kids in every Foster thread?
Because there are fans on here (ISU, UNI, Iowa) who don't want to believe Xavier Foster is very good, when he's rated as one of the best players at his position in the nation. They believe the kids who didn't pick up a single P-6 offer are shoe-ins to be better players for no apparent reason other than averaging more points in high school.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Because there are fans on here (ISU, UNI, Iowa) who don't want to believe Xavier Foster is very good, when he's rated as one of the best players at his position in the nation. They believe the kids who didn't pick up a single P-6 offer are shoe-ins to be better players for no apparent reason other than averaging more points in high school.

Actually it's because of a handful of jackasses that are so self righteous they fear open discussions or any varying opinions. Someday they'll grow up and discover their mother was a lying ***** because the world doesn't revolve around them...too much?

• Funny
  • Friendly
Reactions: Cjb and Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

So why do you think they don’t want to believe he’s very good?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Actually it's because of a handful of jackasses that are so self righteous they fear open discussions or any varying opinions. Someday they'll grow up and discover their mother was a lying ***** because the world doesn't revolve around them...too much?
Was that directed at me? lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So why do you think they don’t want to believe he’s very good?
I honestly think it's because people have lost faith in Prohm in all facets. They're at the point where they don't even believe the recruits he brings in are going to be good. This year has just created a dark mindset on a ton of people. If we were having a good year, I think it would be completely different.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I honestly think it's because people have lost faith in Prohm in all facets. They're at the point where they don't even believe the recruits he brings in are going to be good. This year has just created a dark mindset on a ton of people. If we were having a good year, I think it would be completely different.

you think it’s a ton of people? Or is it a smaller number, and it just the groupthink websites and Facebook pages that attract the segment of the fan base that tends to be the blow hard fire the coach sect?

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames

There is a lot of dumb in this thread. And even more dumb lately, because Xavier had a bad game. It happens. Xavier was the only legit kid Osky had this yr. If you can't see a legit 7' with a pure shooting stroke then I can't help you.

There are a ton of folks that think Foster is a 5. Nope he is a stretch 4.

Foster is legit. UNI and their jealous (purple Hawk ilk) can try to convince folks that Foster made a mistake, but UNI can have Born and Henry. UNI sucks, purple Hawks are the worst and we will see what happens next yr

Personally I think any jackass that thinks Cole Henry is better than Foster should be banned

Last edited:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Foster is is the mismatch at the four that this year’s team does not have. I‘m glad his high school team allowed him to play on the perimeter. That will benefit him and us next year. We need a big wIth a different skill set than Solo and Conditt. Foster and Blackwell will both give CSP flexibility that we don’t currently have.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
You know what I want most. Is a die hard UNI Fan to compare Bowen Born to Robbie Sieverding out of Bellevue Marquette. Same player and Sieverding finally made an impact 01-02 02-03 as a Jr and Sr. 6'0" guard great in Iowa High School and struggled next level. Hell ask him isn't he the coach at Dubuque?

Yet some want him (Born) over Foster?

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

There is a lot of dumb in this thread. And even more dumb lately, because Xavier had a bad game. It happens. Xavier was the only legit kid Osky had this yr. If you can't see a legit 7' with a pure shooting stroke then I can't help you.

There are a ton of folks that think Foster is a 5. Nope he is a stretch 4.

Foster is legit. UNI and their jealous (purple Hawk ilk) can try to convince folks that Foster made a mistake, but UNI can have Born and Henry. UNI sucks, purple Hawks are the worst and we will see what happens next yr

Personally I think any jackass that thinks Cole Henry is better than Foster should be banned

The Foster/Born debate was ended at 0:26 in that video.