www.iastate.edu

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
As a EE in Electrical and Computer Engineering, I can gurantee you that you will NEVER get a chance to fix the website and shouldn't. Your field has absolutely nothing to do with webpage design.

Half the reason there might be aesthetic problems with the website is because almost everyone who works in WebDev are computer science or engineering students. Let the College of Design deal with it. As someone stated above, if there are problems with our website it's because we ARE a college of science and technology.

I, however, am of the opinion that the site is very easy to use which is more important to me than how it looks. I do think it looks very professional. Not flashy, but professional. And the ABC index is the real strength of the site not the search tool.
Considering Aldude505 specifically mentioned search being bad I'd strongly disagree. Things like search are exactly the kind of thing a CprE would work on. I own a web design company. You need a lot more programmers than designers. The design and graphics are probably 1/3 of the site and the rest is programming. Granted the 1/3rd is very important.