WVU looked solid last night ...

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think ISU looked really sharp at times last night, and sometimes they didn't look like a Top 15 team in the country, so I can see why somebody send they overwhelmed. That being said, I think they have looked sharper on offense than they ever have in November under Hoiberg, and it was the first game with Thomas and Nader back.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I think ISU looked really sharp at times last night, and sometimes they didn't look like a Top 15 team in the country, so I can see why somebody send they overwhelmed. That being said, I think they have looked sharper on offense than they ever have in November under Hoiberg, and it was the first game with Thomas and Nader back.

Agreed with everything you posted.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
I found ISU underwhelming. Not sure what I was expecting. But they were playing a lower-tier SEC team in, essentially, a Cyclone gym. They looked small. I thought I'd see a transfer protecting the rim, but Georges played post a lot of the night. State's defense is always secondary to their offense. I get that. And it's early. But comparing that effort to WVU's v. UCONN, which is probably unfair, the Eeers look superior at this point in time.

That guy becomes eligible December 20th

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I was underwhelmed too. We looked out-of-rhythm all night, with sloppy passing and weak rebounding.

Can't wait to see what we look like when we're firing on all cylinders though. Does KState have that kind of updside? :D

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
I don't understand the hate for what Surly said. Iowa State has looked really good on offense through all 3 games. But they never pulled away from Oakland all that much who is now 0-4 on the year. Georgia State lost to Colorado State (could be a down game after losing a big one to ISU, or they may not be as great as everyone was thinking). And now there was a close game with Alabama.

I would have to agree that ISU has underwhelmed to this point. Although all that matters are W's. In that respect, they are doing great. I just expected more separation in the Oakland and Allie Bama games.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I don't understand the hate for what Surly said. Iowa State has looked really good on offense through all 3 games. But they never pulled away from Oakland all that much who is now 0-4 on the year. Georgia State lost to Colorado State (could be a down game after losing a big one to ISU, or they may not be as great as everyone was thinking). And now there was a close game with Alabama.

I would have to agree that ISU has underwhelmed to this point. Although all that matters are W's. In that respect, they are doing great. I just expected more separation in the Oakland and Allie Bama games.

I was wondering how long it would take for the normal, non-Koolaid, non-confrontational, rational, wise ISU fan perspective to come forth.

Last edited: