WVU fan experience

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Jake wasn't the only one to say it either. There were some tweets about what went down at halftime mentioning that the Burnhams were HOT. So what Jake said agreed with what others said/saw.

Geno was apparently doing a lot of taunting before the game as well.

I saw him come out by the students jumping around and taunting but that happens everywhere. Don't mind that. I did see Wally's son in the face of Geno with, I believe Kirby (maybe another special teams guy) warming up right there and tried to break it up. I thought it was weird that Wally's son would have been screaming at Geno just out of the blue.

NCMountaineer

Oct 29, 2011
Durham, NC
Would like to second this now that I'm back in NC. I had an absolutely phenomenal time out in Ames, you guys were fantastic hosts and I'd like to even come close to repaying the kind of hospitality that was shown to me this weekend when you guys hit Morgantown next season. From the parking lot to the people around the seats I got in Section 11, you guys couldn't possibly have been nicer. Also a huge thanks to alarson and family for allowing me to tailgate with them.

Reactions: CyAg

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Too bad about the wife's leg. Would have much rather had you in our section than the two WVa fans that kept flipping the bird at the little kids right behind them. Maybe they were jealous, kids were wearing snowsuits, WVa fans in sweatshirts.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Anybody else hear the crazy WVU fan that started the game in section 19? He kept yelling stupid stuff about both teams that were generally pretty amusing. My favorite lines were "if you cant convert this third down on us, you cant convert on anybody in the nation" and after they sacked Richardson he yelled " Oh my god that was an act of Allah!". Expected a fan to talk smack about us, but the fact he was doing it about his own team was amusing. He left the section after the first quarter so I assume he was making his rounds around the stadium.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Some on here will disagree (because it's big and very successful), but if you didn't go to Hickory Park while you were in Ames you missed out on some quality eats. I'll guess you'll have to come back in 2 years.