WV - Full of it

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Reading that article makes it sound like WV destroyed Texas by about 3 TDs, when in reality they needed basically a hail mary and a 2 pt conversion at the very end to win by 1 point.

I'm not sure I want to give WV another shot at us in the championship game or not, but how sweet would it be to face them again in the championship game and beat them even worse.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Yep. Texas sure gave us credit, but the implication from West Virginia is "now that we're ready for the defense, we can easily beat it". I live in WV and the constant comment is how badly they played against us. I then respond "Maybe ISU deserves some credit". That's a conversation silencer.

Dana Holgorsen is the living embodiment of all that is West Virginia.
WV is the Iowa of the B12. Holgorsen is the Kirk Jr. of the program.

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
I could give a rats a$$ if Holgerson or some WVU fans give ISU credit. The only credit I need to hear is from Campbell.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Sounds to me like they gave plenty of recognition to Iowa State.

Kinda yes, kinda no. It did let it be known that Texas copied us . . . which is awesome, and obviously referred to our victory and Holgs said he was "sick of hearing about it"

But all the implication seems to be that the only reason we won was that we "sprung" this defense on them that they Totally weren't expecting (even though we've ran it for 1.5 seasons). "Recognition," to me, would be at least some kind of acknowledgement that we have some pretty good players and some good coaching, too, that can make in-game adjustments.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
So want a fluke OSU victory over OU, so can get the chance to **** pound these guys in Dallas again.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Kinda yes, kinda no. It did let it be known that Texas copied us . . . which is awesome, and obviously referred to our victory and Holgs said he was "sick of hearing about it"

But all the implication seems to be that the only reason we won was that we "sprung" this defense on them that they Totally weren't expecting (even though we've ran it for 1.5 seasons). "Recognition," to me, would be at least some kind of acknowledgement that we have some pretty good players and some good coaching, too, that can make in-game adjustments.

Edit, Texas tried to copy us. Nobody has been able to take the deep ball away from WV the way Iowa State did. Limit WV's homerun balls and it's pretty amazing how limited their offense can become.

Reactions: khardbored

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The first 2/3 of the article, I really didn't find too bad at all from an ISU perspective. However, once Holgerson started yapping in the last part, it went all downhill from there. Maybe he should consider that our defense isn't necessarily some gimmick defense that can easily be conquered? Maybe Texas isn't the exact same as us, even though they copy our strategy? Maybe we've beat a lot of these teams a couple years in a row now where they still can't figure out how to beat our defense? Maybe we are the #1 ranked defense in the conference for a reason? I don't know, there is at least a few things to consider there.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I was really disappointed there wasn't a Herman-Holgorsen rumble after the game last week. It would have been the perfect ending for those douche-ass teams.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
What exactly do you guys want from Holgerson? Yeah, he’s a piece of ****. We know. But do you expect him to get down in his knees and blow us in every single interview? Do you expect him to spend at least five minutes in every interview talking about how amazing ISU is?

It’s ******* weird how obsessed some of you have become about him and West Virginia.
To be fair, he cost Iowa State $25K. We should be able to hate him all we want.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
ISU is not just a nice little story anymore. We’re getting under people’s skin. I like it. That’s a sign of success. It’s also nice to come to these forums and see more and more Big XII talk, especially in the month of November.

It's not a good thing when you are every Big 12 fan's favorite team besides their own.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron