Wrestling Coverage

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Have they announced who is streaming the meets this year? Is it Flo? Or is it now something else?

thanks

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Home duals are ESPN+, just like soccer, volleyball, gymnastics, WBB, and (likely) some MBB.

Road duals are at the mercy of the home team/home conference's contract.
OSU and WVU are ESPN+.
OU still has its deal with Fox SW.
The Big 12 affiliates are TBA -- not sure if they are required to use ESPN+ under the Big 12 banner, or if they use whatever their primary conference agreement is.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Always worth checking the opposing teams athletics site. I've found free streams multiple times the last few years. Anybody know the concrete schedule with dates and times? Checked cyclones.com and didn't find it.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
With basketball not starting until after Thanksgiving, I assume wrestling will be in the same boat.

So, I'm not anticipating any home duals before January -- but there will probably end up being 5 or 6 home events when it's all said and done, assuming rotations stay the same.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
With basketball not starting until after Thanksgiving, I assume wrestling will be in the same boat.

So, I'm not anticipating any home duals before January -- but there will probably end up being 5 or 6 home events when it's all said and done, assuming rotations stay the same.
NCAA announced awhile back that wrestling was postponed to January.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I thought it was an email JP sent out. Still, I would think we are getting close to a schedule and stuff. It is 2020 though so who knows.

I ask because the last thing even close to "official" that I saw was back in August, when the NWCA coaches' group was going to make a recommendation to the NCAA that the season be pushed back to "somewhere around Jan. 1" -- but there's no mention of any resolution/decision on the NCAA site, in any press release, or on NCAA Wrestling's twitter feed.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I ask because the last thing even close to "official" that I saw was back in August, when the NWCA coaches' group was going to make a recommendation to the NCAA that the season be pushed back to "somewhere around Jan. 1" -- but there's no mention of any resolution/decision on the NCAA site, in any press release, or on NCAA Wrestling's twitter feed.
Good catch. Back when that came out I was a little more worried about the football season and probably missed some details. I’m sure they are going to wrestle. It’s just a matter of how screwy the season will look and if we have to watch them on our computers or in person.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Hello friends, yes as stated I am still under the impression we’re starting January 1st. After speaking with two of the wrestlers they seemed to imply the same thing.

I’ve been meaning to get around to get some time scheduled with coaches just with football kind of pushed it back especially with the travel to OSU.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
It would be pretty cool if the CRTC could get an event going much like HWC and NLWC have put on recently where they put together a card of wrestling matchups and stream it, but I doubt we have the resources for something like that at this point.

On another note. I hope the RTCs and Clubs around the country continue putting on events and wrestle one another in the off-season in the post-covid world. I think it's great for the sport and could help the US be a more consistent force internationally.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
I do know Ian Parker told me he will for sure be competing at the tournament in Omaha - U23 Junior Nationals. That’s on November 12-15

Reactions: cyclonenation5