Wow, We're Playing Against a Really Young / Inexperienced Kansas Team

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
Time to play nice. No grammar cops needed. And I am not even a moderator!

thank you. btw, i dont think being too young is that bad these days.

UCLA and Memphis both had freshman studs last year. well okay, neither team (isu or kansas) has players from the top 3, but teams like wake forest are making great use of young talent.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Right now I dont see the talent but then we never did have the talent to keep up with them. A must win is such a cliche'. If we win its because we play better than we normally do and they don't. If they play their A game like Missou did we dont have the personnel to keep up.

We should win in Hilton against every team unless they are in the top 15 or 20. Kansas is far from that.
Yes, the team should have a "must win" mindset. How else do you win the 50-50 games? Arizona was down by three at the half, then came out and buried KU. They didn't do that by telling themselves they couldn't match KU's personnel. They did it by not "letting" Kansas play their "A" game.
As other posters have said, this is the year to get them, and send a message to Barnes, among others.

Jan 16, 2009
Ames, IA
We should win in Hilton against every team unless they are in the top 15 or 20. Kansas is far from that.
Yes, the team should have a "must win" mindset. How else do you win the 50-50 games? Arizona was down by three at the half, then came out and buried KU. They didn't do that by telling themselves they couldn't match KU's personnel. They did it by not "letting" Kansas play their "A" game.
As other posters have said, this is the year to get them, and send a message to Barnes, among others.

Yeah, we should win all of our home games except for Oklahoma and maybe Baylor

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
We should win as long as Collins and Aldrich are held in check. Collins is waayyy better than Petey but hopefully Brackins can keep Aldrich in check and not visa versa

IMO Collins is the most overrated player I have watched in a long time. The guy is a TO machine

Looks like we didnt accomplish what I had hoped. 26pts & 16pts/12 rebs arent good for us.

'85- I would take 26 pts and 3 turnovers anyday, yeah overrated

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Collins is unstoppable when he is on. His play in the first five minutes won the game for KU. If he doesn't go crazy with his 3 point shooting we are still in it and could have had the lead at half. His 3's were nothing but net and put a dagger in our heart. I think the team responded well and if we hadnt had our problems for the first 10 minutes of the second half the outcome would have been different. I know thats an obvious point but when this team plays a full 40 minutes we will be a force. Havent seen it yet but it will come. Cue the kool-aid comments.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron