Wouldn’t you know it

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I’m sure you would be tough to find someone to complain, but it seems like being a Bama fan would be sort of boring. You are heavy favorites in most games, and definitely favorites in every game. You have maybe 2-4 games a year (playoffs included) that are dramatic but the rest are cake walks.

I’d obviously take this “boredom” with all the titles but it does seem like most games would be sorta boring when it happens game after game after game.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m sure you would be tough to find someone to complain, but it seems like being a Bama fan would be sort of boring. You are heavy favorites in most games, and definitely favorites in every game. You have maybe 2-4 games a year (playoffs included) that are dramatic but the rest are cake walks.

I’d obviously take this “boredom” with all the titles but it does seem like most games would be sorta boring when it happens game after game after game.
2 to 4??? Like maybe 1.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I went to my first Alabama game in 1971 and have been a lifelong fan (#2 behind ISU - of course). The Tide is not as good this year as they are most years under Saban and especially last year's historically great team. I think they definitely lose @ Texas A&M and maybe one other game. The defense is suspect, they don't have a dominant running back and not as many top experienced receivers as normal. I would not be surpised at all with a Georgia vs. Texas A&M SEC Championship Game. Alabama slips to a non-playoff NY6 Bowl or Citrus Bowl this year. They will be a nasty match-up in that Bowl Game though - especially if they draw a B1G slow team. First World problems, I know.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Agree. Alabama fans are going to be miserable when Saban retires if they only win 9-10 game per year.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
2 to 4??? Like maybe 1.
Depends on the year. You at least have the conference championship and 2 playoff games. Those aren’t always competitive but usually interesting/high stakes. Then figure maybe 1 conference game is a decent matchup.

Still, even if it’s 4, we’re talking 25% of your games are not decided before you take the field.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I went to my first Alabama game in 1971 and have been a lifelong fan (#2 behind ISU - of course). The Tide is not as good this year as they are most years under Saban and especially last year's historically great team. I think they definitely lose @ Texas A&M and maybe one other game. The defense is suspect, they don't have a dominant running back and not as many top experienced receivers as normal. I would not be surpised at all with a Georgia vs. Texas A&M SEC Championship Game. Alabama slips to a non-playoff NY6 Bowl or Citrus Bowl this year. They will be a nasty match-up in that Bowl Game though - especially if they draw a B1G slow team. First World problems, I know.
I was raised an Alabama fan by my father (Bama grad). I have yet to attend a game in person however, as our piece of the family moved to Iowa when I was in first grade. They were my team up until I attended ISU. If I was ever unsure of who was #1 for me, the Independence Bowl sealed the deal for me as I couldn't help cheering for my Clones the entire game. I'll still cheer for them now, but it isn't like it was when I was young.

Some good memories growing up though, with memorable games like the 85 Iron Bowl (the Van Tiffin kick game), the 92 Sugar Bowl (the 34-13 George Teague game). My favorite player of all time is still Cornelius Bennett.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Florida showed you beat Bama, they had success running right at them thanks to the threat of a running qb.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Saban's post game comments show you offense is incredibly important.