Wonder if LW gets to play in the G-league "combine?"

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I said late last year I would happily trade THT to keep LW another year. Selfishly, I hope that is how it works out. Next years team will NEED LW's offense, and he will be healthy. He could be the 2020 Trae Young, get some press and be drafted relatively high.

But who knows, maybe if he prefers a paycheck anywhere to CSP and Ames. Can't really hate on him for that either. Wish the best for him!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I said late last year I would happily trade THT to keep LW another year. Selfishly, I hope that is how it works out. Next years team will NEED LW's offense, and he will be healthy. He could be the 2020 Trae Young, get some press and be drafted relatively high.

But who knows, maybe if he prefers a paycheck anywhere to CSP and Ames. Can't really hate on him for that either. Wish the best for him!

I would imagine he is facing two paths, and neither of them are easy.

(1.) Start at the bottom of the pile in the D-League or overseas after going undrafted and hope he can play himself into the NBA. That is not likely, but it could happen.

(2.) Come back to Iowa State and just light it up for a season. Basically be Marial Shayok, but hopefully even better. That should at least get him drafted, maybe not in the first round, but if he is good enough... and the team makes a run in March...

It could happen. March risers get "over-drafted" all the time. Why not Lindell?

Reactions: CascadeClone

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Agree with almost all of this post, except “come back and run the team.” He could be our best player and leading scorer, but he has not remotely demonstrated point guard skills - if that is what you mean by run the team.

He is not coming back if he isn't running point. That is what he'll need to do to make it in the NBA.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Does Lindell need to improve his handles? Yes. But he doesn't need to be a true PG to get run in the league either. He needs to be the best version of himself which is a shot creator and a guy who can get instant buckets. The NBA isn't concerned with traditional positions, they carve out roles for players. If everything goes right for LW and he reaches his potential his role will be to score off the bench. Not be a true PG.

Think Malik Beasley

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wigginton coming back and hitting 45% from three (with NBA range) would help him out.

He has the ups to elevate over NBA wing defenders.

"Undersized wing who is more three than D but really good at three" might be a niche.

If he never develops the handle or court vision to play PG.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wigginton coming back and hitting 45% from three (with NBA range) would help him out.

He has the ups to elevate over NBA wing defenders.

"Undersized wing who is more three than D but really good at three" might be a niche.

If he never develops the handle or court vision to play PG.

I do think he could hit that mid 40% from 3 if he's healthy all year.

Shayok being such a natural scorer from day one as others mentioned did not help him shine either. Shayok was probably the best pure scorer in the conference last year. Not saying he was better overall than Culver but he was a better guy if you just handed the ball to someone to create a basket.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron