Will Mahomes play Sunday vs the Bills

• Yes

Votes: 118 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Agree, but unfortunately we have a few ex-players and their attorneys who change their minds after their careers are over.
If the NFL knew about CTE research and sat on or denied the findings then I sure do have sympathy for guys like Mike Webster (R.I.P.). The cats out of the bag now though. We're watching guys play right now who will have football induced dementia in 20-25 years and not one of their families will plausibly be able to deny that they knew it was a risk.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Macloney

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The guy almost pulled his head off. You can see after the first impact he gets pulled towards the tackler by his head.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think they'll figure out the nerve in his neck and after some rest he'll be fine to play next week.

I think those are types of things that just need some time to get re-set depending on location/severity and maybe even age.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The neck nerve thing is real. I wake up way more than I'd like to with a headache from the nerve in the back of my neck. Sleep wrong and it tweaks it, after a while of being up and about it works itself back out and the headache goes away. When I have this headache you can feel the nerve bulging on the back of my neck and when it goes away you can't feel it.

Not sure if it is similar situations but the headache is a *****.

A mind blowing aspect of this type of thing is how you can massage spots in your lower back and make some neck tweaks go away.

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
The fan in me wants to see him play. But after seeing him literally wobble off the field, I hope he doesn't.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I immediately thought it was his neck. You can see the defender has his arm around the neck and pulled it hard.
1611020679019.png 1611020766293.png
1611020827982.png 1611020901212.png

He literally pulls and drags Mahomes several feet by the neck.

• Informative
Reactions: Macloney

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My soph year at ISU there was a Fr walkon OLB who was 6'4". We were on scout team defense going up against the first team offense. This guy came on a blitz off the edge standing straight up, Darren Davis stepped up to block him and did his patented chin pop. Darren would coil down and explode up into the blitzer's chin. Well he got this guy dead square on the chin and when the guy got up he looked just like Mahomes. He tried to walk/stand but it looked like he had just spun around for 2 minutes and was dizzy.

When I saw Mahomes trying to walk I immediately thought of that.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If you want to get hit, make sure you don't blame/sue the NFL in 20 years when you literally loose your mind.
The league was sued and settled, because they withheld information that they knew that concussion were accruing, and did not tell the players. Today, every player knows the risks, but many still are willing to take that chance for the money that they can make by doing so.
Now many may regret that choice down the road, but they did know the risk and agreed to that risk.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The league was sued and settled, because they withheld information that they knew that concussion were accruing, and did not tell the players. Today, every player knows the risks, but many still are willing to take that chance for the money that they can make by doing so.
Now many may regret that choice down the road, but they did know the risk and agreed to that risk.
Yes... Which is exactly why the NFL will never let the Player decide if they should play or not after a concussion.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm still nervous as a Chiefs fan. Bills have been playing well and KC has played way too many close games for comfort lately. Last time they beat someone by more than 10 was the Jets back on Nov 1 when they won 35-9. Since then their margin of victory:

2 vs Panthers 33-31
4 vs Radiers 35-31
3 vs Bucs 27-24
6 vs Broncos 22-16
4 vs Dolphins 33-27
3 vs Saints 32-29
3 vs Ravens 17-14
lost by 17 vs Chargers with most of the main guys sitting 38-21

The defense hasn't been as dominating as it was late last year IMO as in 5 Dec games last year they gave up an average of just 10.4 points and in their 3 playoff games gave up 31, 24, and 20 points I guess. Still last year I wasn't as nervous as I have been lately because they would get out to a big lead or score in bunches and the defense would go on cruise control but lately seems like they are in tight spots late in games and I am nervous their luck of either coming up with the big stop or other team making a mistake on their last drive of the game is eventually going to change and the other team eventually pulls off one of those game winning drives.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'm still nervous as a Chiefs fan. Bills have been playing well and KC has played way too many close games for comfort lately. Last time they beat someone by more than 10 was the Jets back on Nov 1 when they won 35-9. Since then their margin of victory:

2 vs Panthers 33-31
4 vs Radiers 35-31
3 vs Bucs 27-24
6 vs Broncos 22-16
4 vs Dolphins 33-27
3 vs Saints 32-29
3 vs Ravens 17-14
lost by 17 vs Chargers with most of the main guys sitting 38-21

The defense hasn't been as dominating as it was late last year IMO as in 5 Dec games last year they gave up an average of just 10.4 points and in their 3 playoff games gave up 31, 24, and 20 points I guess. Still last year I wasn't as nervous as I have been lately because they would get out to a big lead or score in bunches and the defense would go on cruise control but lately seems like they are in tight spots late in games and I am nervous their luck of either coming up with the big stop or other team making a mistake on their last drive of the game is eventually going to change and the other team eventually pulls off one of those game winning drives.
They're winning. They're controlling the game in almost all of those. Some late TDs make the final look closer than the game ever was. And the defense always tightens up when they need to.

Easy win this weekend if they want to go arm vs arm, Mahomes vs Allen.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They're winning. They're controlling the game in almost all of those. Some late TDs make the final look closer than the game ever was. And the defense always tightens up when they need to.

Easy win this weekend if they want to go arm vs arm, Mahomes vs Allen.

Glad you are so confident but I am not. I think they SHOULD win but the way they have played lately still give me the feeling they are due for a letdown game and the big play or breaks they have gotten in these close games lately finally don't go their way. Josh Allen has had a great year and if you compare what he has done this year he is right up there with Rodgers and Mahomes statistically and finished with the #4 QB rating in the league. The Bills look legit, it is going to be a nail biter at the end of the game probably.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think the foot injury for Mahomes is a problem and I doubt Breeland plays. They crushed the Bills earlier in the season but I don't think that matters at this point. Different teams now. They've won games close, haven't looked as good, but the Chiefs were still 14-2. Should be a good game but if I were a betting man I'd have my money on the Bills.

• Disagree
Reactions: dahliaclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron