Wild Bill Lives

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
well i guess that did not last long.

Anyway I don't really think it probably has anything to to with money.

If he could afford to go to the Hawaii tourney, I seriously doubt money was or is a problem, more likely the rattling he got for being loud at the Hawaii games and the age and health of his wife.

My 2 cents worth.:yes:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
If he could afford to go to the Hawaii tourney, I seriously doubt money was or is a problem, more likely the rattling he got for being loud at the Hawaii games and the age and health of his wife.

My 2 cents worth.:yes:

Considering he has posted here about how it is indeed the economy, and that he gave in interview saying that it was indeed the economy. I'm going out on a limb here and thinking he probably is being truthful. As he explained in the thread about calling it quits he had the Hawaii trip planned before the economy went bad and because it was the 50th anniversary this year of having been stationed there and having promised his wife to take her some time.

If he has any money an the market that he was planning on using as part of his retirement community funds it has almost certainly taken a large hit since the Hawaii trip and all his explanations have made perfect sense.

Quit looking for fire when there isn't even really smoke. I take him at his word that it is the economy and he's budgeting for retirement and he doesn't want anyones charity. Quit the conspiracy theories and let the man gracefully bow out as he has certainly earned to go out as an honored part of ISU history and not be tied to a bunch of wild negative speculation that seems to have no factual basis. The sport he's the most known and I assume the most passionate about at ISU is womens basketball and he is leaving in a year when they are rated in the top 20 with an amazing coach. The theories he has denied about it being about anything but the economy are less founded than the moon landing actually happening in a film studio.

Reactions: Seth

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Mechelle Voepel has an interesting take on the "super fan". I have never sat near Bill during a game. Generally, I'm inclined to think that I wouldn't mind sitting near a such a supporter of my team. I'd hate it if it was a tournament and I was stuck next to a super fan of an opposing or even just another team. One year I sat next to the OU band in KC - LOUD.

What do fans think of so-called “super fans?” « Mechelle Voepel

Help Support Us

Become a patron