Why did we rush the court ?!

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I know this was a nail bitter, but really??

We cant be rushing the court like this. Cyclone alley and students really need to act like we have been there before. A win is a win, enjoy it...but lets not rush the court every time ! Come on now peeps!

"I remember my first beer."

why not?

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011

We cant be rushing the court like this. Cyclone alley and students really need to act like we have been there before. A win is a win, enjoy it...but lets not rush the court every time ! Come on now peeps!

For the love of all that is good and holy...

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I don't know why. Because it was a rivalry game? Because it was a tight game that ISU did not lead very much in? Maybe because all of the students knew this:

Cyclone Basketball@CycloneMBB
With Friday's win, @ISUMayor32 joined Tim Floyd as the 2nd-fastest ISU coach to 70 wins. They did it in 109 games. Eustachy did it in 103.

Or maybe it was just because of this guy from last year:
[video=youtube;tgbhu8K2ri0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbhu8K2ri0[/video]

I don't know why, but it doesn't matter. Not a big thing.

What the hell is on that guys TV? Spent have the time rubbing my phone, but nope, just another Hok fan with some **** stuck to his TV.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I love that the biggest knock on the team is that the fans have rushed the court twice. It reminds me of Fizer/Tinsley era under Eustachey and the biggest complaint against the team was that the coach had the audacity to wear mock turtle necks to the game. It just doesn't matter!

There was also the fascination with coach's Diet Cokes.

I seriously wonder why anyone cares about any of this crap.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
We should have security put in place to deny a rushing of the court so we can have something like this happen:

[video=youtube;uqH5U7YUs0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqH5U7YUs0c[/video]

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Where was everyone on the UMKC game? That was a big win...

S**** it, lets just do it after every W from now on!

I honestly have no problem with this. I don't understand why it is such a problem. If the students and team feel that connected and both battle together, let them celebrate as one. The team and Hilton are one entity...much more than almost any other venue and team. I could care less that other teams don't like how it looks. It isn't about who we beat or what they were ranked, it is about ISU. Some teams rush the court to celebrate beating a good team, we rush to celebrate HAVING a good team.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Yes. Yes we can.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My god, sports should be fun. I swear some of our fans think that this is life and death stuff. If the Morgan and McDermott years (and the bad Eustachy years) taught us anything, it was that winning is fun. Enjoy it. If people want to storm the court, I applaud them.

I am enjoying the hell out of this 8-0 start and I am glad the students are too.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
It'd be hilarious if ISU beat Kansas and DIDN'T rush the court. Hey Kansas, yea, you're good, but you're not Iowa or Michigan.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
here is a question for people out of college.

Did you rush the field for the okie state football win?
No. We stayed in the stands just watching & enjoying the joy. We eventually went down on the field, when it was still about half full.
Did you rush the court after beating Michigan or Iowa?
No & No. But we cheered on the students as they did, and we were hugging total strangers up in the upper deck.
Why/why not? and what's the difference.

Why not? Because I'm old & slow & rickety, and I don't do stairs as well as I used to, and my days of rushing ANYthing are probably behind me. But I love the enthusiasm from the student section. They are a huge part of our gameday experience in both football & basketball.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I vote for the rush against everyone idea. Then for Kansas we don't that would be even better.

I am actually serious about the court storming though we should do it every game.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This subject is dumb. If I was in college I would storm the pool at the swim meet if we beat iowa. Quit worrying about hawks perception. Of us. They went on the court when they beat us last year. Have fun college kids. Get down there and celebrate your assessment off and quit being "were better than that" guy.

acody

Nov 25, 2006

BS. Get real! I was there. If you were at the game and a college student, the excitement was overwhelming to rush the court after beating a RANKED RIVAL in the final seconds. I graduated many years ago from ISU and was tempted to storm the court.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
I honestly have no problem with this. I don't understand why it is such a problem. If the students and team feel that connected and both battle together, let them celebrate as one. The team and Hilton are one entity...much more than almost any other venue and team. I could care less that other teams don't like how it looks. It isn't about who we beat or what they were ranked, it is about ISU. Some teams rush the court to celebrate beating a good team, we rush to celebrate HAVING a good team.

Good point! I like your analysis.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Boring. I think the fans should go out onto the court EVERY FREAKING GAME. Why not? THAT would be something ORIGINAL that ISU could do that wasn't copied from Wisconsin or Duke or wherever. Go out on court and --gag--yes, sing Sweet Caroline or whatever after a win. Be civil. Don't be *****. tell the security forces and brownshirts to back off and let the ticket-paying populace have 10 or 15 minutes of joy on the court. Let ISU fans self police....the first *** or ******** that tries to vandalize something of be gangsta gets Weatherwaxed. We would become a unique and hot ticket if Cyclone Nation could enjoy some on-court photo-ops and sing alongs after victories.....I know I would probably make it more of a priority to meet my freinds and family at some of those Northeast Maryland Shore games or TCU games then.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I think it was mainly because of the way we won. Losing all game long, and then winning at the end. If we were in control most of the game like Iowa was, i bet the students dont rush.
I wouldnt rush when we are favored, but then again, i dont really care. I understand why it happened in this case.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Since I spend all my time worrying about what other fanbases think, we should never celebrate again. Every celebration might look ridiculous to someone.

Have some dignity. Stand at a rigid position of attention while restraining all emotion. Clap politely and stand in line to go home.

Clapping politely is a bit much, no? I avoid eye contact with others while speed walking to the car then deny that I was ever there after games.