Who travels the farthest to Jack Trice?

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
I'm travelling about 1,800 miles each way from California this weekend!

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
About 8 1/2 hours one way for me. I see several others have that beat by a mile.

(or hundreds of miles :unsure:)

Had a multi-year stretch for a while when I got to one per season --- hasn't worked the last couple of years.

It'd be a little different if my immediate family were closer to Ames — but I usually have to do either one or the other when it happens. ISU's mostly on the way and maybe only extra 3 hours, but I'm not able to take enough days off at a time to encompass all of it.

I know — nobody asked me to write a novel about it. Sorry. :SLEEP:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I'm travelling about 1,800 miles each way from California this weekend!

I'll be flying 1000 miles from Maryland. This in and of itself is not unusual. However to do so, I had to first fly 2X00 miles from San Diego today with a layover in Atlanta. Work wanted to keep me the weekend, but I'm not missing the game. I've been home an hour and I leave again in 6 hours (was already packed for the game, wasn't even going to come home but I left San Diego early because the marine layer has been pretty bad this week and I've been burned by that trying to fly in / out at night from there)

Sunday I fly back to Maryland, Monday I'm flying to LA and driving back down to San Diego. I didn't book my trip this way, but this is turning out to be by far the longest I've traveled to get to an ISU game

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Football season ticket holder from Kansas City and make most of the games. Drive is about 230 miles one way.

When headed to JTS or Hilton I fly into Kansas City then drive up with a friend. Sometimes fly out of DSM (like this weekend), sometimes drive back down and fly out of MCI (will be doing that for KU)

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
I lived in Rochester, NY for almost a year and that was during Chizik's first year. I made it back for 3 games and all 3 of them were wins.........unfortunately they were the only wins we had that year.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
262 miles one way from south of the KC metro to Ames. Season ticket holder for several years now.... feel like I could make the drive blind-folded by now.

Reactions: lakeliving

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
2 hrs each way from Bloomfield...drive is pretty easy for football but getting to basketball games (which I freaking love) makes the 4 hrs total really suck. Hence I'm lucky to get to more than 2 games a year and I'm a huge hoops fan so all these MBB ticket threads are ******* me off!

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
9 miles to JTS for me. As easy of a drive as they come.

However I will not be at the game, I will be combining instead.

Now let the harvest affecting attendance debate begin.:spinny: