Where's Leech?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Makes sense. With all the stuff Leech has gone through lately, redshirting him seems like the best option. (If Bolton is eligible.)

I know people on here refuse to admit that a redshirt can be a good thing and that it isn’t done in basketball, this situation is different. You have a player with a ton of upsize who is still recovering from a serious injury and was away from the team for a month. He’s so gifted offensively that I’d hate to waste a year of Leech if he’s not going to play and it seems like he’s fallen behind. It could benefit Leech and Iowa State in the long run if he redshirts.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
African rivers are a good spot to.

8659e45bf1e9f708fa70d832cdb7c811.jpg

Soooo disappointed in BOTH of you...

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

ChickenNuggetMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Finally...? :p

I cannot think of much the program has had for bad news this summer.

Spring recruiting went really well, too.

The only domino left to fall is Bolton's eligibility -- but I agree that is a big one.

Hahaha, I think it’s mostly how eagerly I’ve been awaiting that decision. Offseason is a dark time, so any news like this is awesome.

Reactions: aobie

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Hahaha, I think it’s mostly how eagerly I’ve been awaiting that decision. Offseason is a dark time, so any news like this is awesome.

I think we have basically had nothing but good news since the Ohio State game.

-- THT and Shayok were drafted.

-- THT, Shayok, and Nick all have professional contracts, and I have not heard anything on Lindell lately, I assume he is going to be playing for money somewhere soon.

-- THT and Lindell left early, sure, but I do not fault either of them for taking the $$$.

-- Kind of wonder what happened to Cameron, but it was best that he move on.

-- All of our "old guys" seem to have at least maintained their position in the NBA.

-- Grill, Johnson, and Bolton are an excellent spring recruiting class.

-- All the freshman made it to campus, and Prohm is already talking up Jackson and Grill. I hope he means it, too, given both/either of them could have a rotational job this year.

-- Tyrese is getting national press and had an incredible showing at the World Cup.

-- Leech made it to campus, is finally getting healthy, and is academically eligible.

-- Solomon seems healthy and ready to resume his development arc.

-- Everybody else is healthy/no problems on the Italy trip.

Now just get that letter about Bolton, and everything came up rainbows for us. :)

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

-- THT, Shayok, and Nick all have professional contracts, and I have not heard anything on Lindell lately, I assume he is going to be playing for money somewhere soon.

-- THT and Lindell left early, sure, but I do not fault either of them for taking the $$$.

-- All of our "old guys" seem to have at least maintained their position in the NBA.

-- Grill, Johnson, and Bolton is an excellent spring recruiting class.

-- All the freshman made it to campus, and Prohm is already talking up Jackson and Grill. I hope he means it, too, given both/either of them could have a rotational job this year.

-- Tyrese is getting national press and had an incredibly showing at the World Cup.

-- Leech made it to campus, is finally getting healthy, and is academically eligible.

Now just get that letter about Bolton, and everything came up rainbows for us. :)

If there was something even close to bad news we would know it by the usual suspects posting about it.

ChickenNuggetMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis

-- Grill, Johnson, and Bolton are an excellent spring recruiting class.

-- Tyrese is getting national press and had an incredible showing at the World Cup.

You definitely make some good points! I guess I’ve just had my Cyclone nut cup on for so long. It definitely has been about the best possible off season for us this far. Let’s just cross our fingers for Bolton!