Jun 21, 2013
attachment.php

Attachments

• CVhIf5ZWEAAAhfj.jpg
    CVhIf5ZWEAAAhfj.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 716

Spam

May 21, 2008
That was a hard hitting physical game, Iowa could have just as easily won as lost. They have had a great season and all the sour grapes spewed on here is just comical.

OK squawk. Congrats on the moral win.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The number of Cyclones on Facebook cheering on the Hawks made me sick to my stomach. Why???

Idiots. As a Cyclone fan you definitely DO NOT want Iowa to win the B1G Championship and make the playoff.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Iowa milked that NW victory all year after NW somehow beat Stanford

Stanford greatly improved and has beaten 8 bowl teams

Iowa has beaten 8 teams with losing records

Iowa beat three teams with winning records this season. Three. And then they still had to squeak out a few of their wins over bad teams. They finally had their chance to shut the "haters" up against their first tough opponent and couldn't do it. Now we know they weren't a legit contender.

Last edited:

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
The answer is A. You cannot root for the Hawkeyes to be nationally competitive and at the same time hope for Iowa State to become truly relevant. We need the to lose and a lot. Cheer for them to win the 4th quarter in their crushing defeats, cheer for them to have ridiculous expectations and think somehow 12-1 is the new norm and to fire their coach the year they actually play a decent schedule.

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
I had to work during the game last night (retail) and I was wearing a shirt with the ISU logo on it. A customer came up to me and told me I was wearing the wrong colors as he opened his coat to show me his hok gear. I asked him why he wasn't watching the game if he was such a "big fan". He told me he was watching the score on his smart phone (he seemed very proud of his smart phone ownership). I asked him what the score was. He didn't know. He then went on a rant about how Iowa is so much better than ISU. That's why I hate hok fans, and will never cheer for their team. It has nothing to do with hating the team, coach, or players. They haven't had a player that I've hated since Drew Tate. But I don't ever want that group of douchy, mouth breathing, bandwagoners that makes up such a large part of their fanbase to ever have something to brag about. Ever. **** Iowa.

mganzeveld

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Rapids
I had to work during the game last night (retail) and I was wearing a shirt with the ISU logo on it. A customer came up to me and told me I was wearing the wrong colors as he opened his coat to show me his hok gear. I asked him why he wasn't watching the game if he was such a "big fan". He told me he was watching the score on his smart phone (he seemed very proud of his smart phone ownership). I asked him what the score was. He didn't know. He then went on a rant about how Iowa is so much better than ISU. That's why I hate hok fans, and will never cheer for their team. It has nothing to do with hating the team, coach, or players. They haven't had a player that I've hated since Drew Tate. But I don't ever want that group of douchy, mouth breathing, bandwagoners that makes up such a large part of their fanbase to ever have something to brag about. Ever. **** Iowa.

I grew up a Hawk fan and converted when I went to ISU. When I moved to eastern Iowa I thought it was possible to still hold onto the hoks for at least the non-ISU games. Little by little the random strangers who will walk up to you and talk smack at point blank just gets to you. I have never once walked up to a Hawk and rubbed one of our basketball or football victories down their throats or even give them the wrong shirt comment. My son almost giving up on wearing ISU gear at school because of the insults by both students and teachers. It just gets old. My son has learned to absolutely HATE the hoks and you know who is to blame for that? Hok fans. They can be real jerks. And you can't trust them either. They may say something nice in front of you and then run to Twitter or Facebook and let it rip when you aren't there.

Last edited:

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I grew up a Hawk fan and converted when I went to ISU. When I moved to eastern Iowa I thought it was possible to still hold onto the hoks for at least the non-ISU games. Little by little the random strangers who will walk up to you and talk smack at point blank just gets to you. I have never once walked up to a Hawk and rubbed one of our basketball or football victories down their throats or even give them the wrong shirt comment. My son almost giving up on wearing ISU gear at school because of the insults by both students and teachers. It just gets old. My son has learned to absolutely HATE the hoks and you know who is to blame for that? Hok fans. They can be real jerks. And you can't trust them either. They may say something nice in front of you and then run to Twitter or Facebook and let it rip when you aren't there.

Welcome to Eastern Iowa... we had four families in my class that were Iowa State fans... it was ruthless.

I cannot and will not ever root for that team simply because their fans are the worst in the country.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Since I left Iowa its become easy to avoid all things hawkeye. I wouldn't know how their season went if it wasn't for CF.

Tried to watch yesterday and remembered Bee One Gee ball being as dull as ever.

**** Iowa and the horse the rode in on.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
When Iowa started taking shots down the field, and playing more aggressive I was actually pulling for them. Heck ya Ferentz get after it! Then they still ended up losing and somehow it felt good. -signed- Shamed in Newton.