MLB: When did the Cubs clinch?

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
This losing streak will just get Cubs fans re-adjusted to disappointment. You know the season isn't going to end pretty.

Says a Brewers fan??:biglaugh:

Let's not forget that the Cubs still have the best record in baseball. As I said last night, I do think they just need a day off and a trip to Cincinnati to get rejuvenated. I think they come out of this weekend with a magic number of 15...

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
If I'm the Cubs, you rest Harden as much as freakin possible the rest of the way. You've got a gift month here to mess with things. Use the 40-man to your advantage. Rest guys who need it. Use it to get guys right.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
chicago_cubs_bleacher_bums8.jpg

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
30 games over .500 yes, comfortable NO FREAKIN WAY.

Its comfortable as in we have a 9 game lead in the wild card. I don't care one bit if we win the division, just get us to the playoffs.

I'm glad the slump came now. You had to know it was coming because the Cubs had been playing so well up until this point, going 25-6 leading up to the slump. This gives us enough time to get on track again.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Says a Brewers fan??:biglaugh:

Let's not forget that the Cubs still have the best record in baseball. As I said last night, I do think they just need a day off and a trip to Cincinnati to get rejuvenated. I think they come out of this weekend with a magic number of 15...

We had to put up with Bud Selig owning the team, that is by far worse than not winning a World Series for 99 years.