Whatifsports.com

booyaa187

Aug 23, 2006
Do any of you play the hoops dynasty game on Whatifsports.com? I first heard about the site back in 2002 when a bunch of ISU fans on a message board were simulating the ISU/Hampton match up over and over again.

booyaa187

Aug 23, 2006
Wow, ok, no responses, I am surprised by that, i have ran into a few Cyclone fans on that site and only assumed a few of them probably posted here. If you like sports simulations, you guys should check it out sometime.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I've looked at it before. In fact I'm pretty sure I checked it out after learning about it in a thread here, so there are people out there who've looked at it.

For those who don't know what we're talking about, here it is...

SimMatchup College Basketball - Free NCAA Matchup and College Basketball Sim Games

You can simulate college basketball and football, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and "dream teams."

It has been brought up a couple of times and I did check it out after it was posted before. But I would rather not mess around with what ifs and just look at what did happen.

In case you want to see what has been said about it.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/18667-coolest-website-ever.html

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
It has been brought up a couple of times and I did check it out after it was posted before. But I would rather not mess around with what ifs and just look at what did happen.

In case you want to see what has been said about it.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/18667-coolest-website-ever.html

I generally don't like simulating past games either (I'm one of the people who has said time and again that we need to get over the Hampton and Michigan State losses), but I do think it's fun to simulate a past team against some other team they didn't play. Of course nobody will ever know if the simulations are accurate. I just think of it as a way to waste time during the day. :smile:

booyaa187

Aug 23, 2006
I do the Hoops Dynasty game Hoops Dynasty – Basketball Sim Games - Build your Basketball Dynasty Now!.

Teams in Knight, Phelan, Rupp and Tark worlds, if anyone else plays. I tried Gridiron and Hardball but didn't get into them as easily. I'm pretty addicted to the basketball one... someday I will coach Iowa State. :)

Markshir,
Good to see a fellow HD'r. I coach Iowa State in Wooden world and I am all hyped because I am playing in the national championship game tonight vs. Iowa of all teams. Can you imagine if that happened in real life. Anyway my name on whatifsports is Drichar138.

Wanted to see if that would make sense to anyone on this site, because if you don't play HD you have no idea what I am talking about.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Nice - hope you win! I prefer the two a day worlds - maybe someday we'll end up in the same conference.

Farthest I've ever been is the Elite 8 this past season with Bentley in Tark.

spanny

Jun 17, 2006
Grimes
I love whatifsports.com for baseball, never played basketball. me and a bunch of buddies get into it, tons of fun.

booyaa187

Aug 23, 2006
I love whatifsports.com for baseball, never played basketball. me and a bunch of buddies get into it, tons of fun.

Yea, I am kind of a WIS lifer. I have a simleague baseball team that is in a progressive league. We are coming up on the 1994 season.

I just started in Hardball dynasty, but I really don't like it as much. Too involved.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
Just simulated ISU/Hampton 10 times and we won everytime, ISU/MSU we won 4 out of 7 on a neutral court. Of course, as all of us in attendance and watching on TV know, there was not much neutral about that game, right down to the paintjob on the floor.

BTW I registered and put 2 hundo down on you to cover tonight in your championship game...lets take care of business against the Hawks :yes:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I have a D2 team in the Wooden World. Just finished my first season with Longwood and it's gonna take a few more years of rebuilding. :( I've done like 4 seasons total of hoops dynasty, its pretty fun I think.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
So I noticed you can sign up for a free season right now, but otherwise it's like $13 per year, is that correct?

Pretty cool though, I'm signed up to Coach Coe in the next season.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
Just simulated ISU/Hampton 10 times and we won everytime, ISU/MSU we won 4 out of 7 on a neutral court. Of course, as all of us in attendance and watching on TV know, there was not much neutral about that game, right down to the paintjob on the floor.

BTW I registered and put 2 hundo down on you to cover tonight in your championship game...lets take care of business against the Hawks :yes:
When I did it we lost to Hampton the 2nd game I simulated. I puked and swore off the site forever. Heh.

booyaa187

Aug 23, 2006
So I noticed you can sign up for a free season right now, but otherwise it's like $13 per year, is that correct?

Pretty cool though, I'm signed up to Coach Coe in the next season.

Send me a sitemail to Drichar138 on whatifsports if you want any tips once you get going. I've been playing since the inception of the game and I love it. It took me a while to work up to D1 and then eventually Iowa St. and I am not leaving until they fire me. (and that can happen in this game).

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Send me a sitemail to Drichar138 on whatifsports if you want any tips once you get going. I've been playing since the inception of the game and I love it. It took me a while to work up to D1 and then eventually Iowa St. and I am not leaving until they fire me. (and that can happen in this game).

So you pay the $13 per season? I'm just trying to figure out if there is a free part of this or if you have to pay. If it's pay only, I'll probably just stick with Goal Line Blitz.

booyaa187

Aug 23, 2006
So you pay the $13 per season? I'm just trying to figure out if there is a free part of this or if you have to pay. If it's pay only, I'll probably just stick with Goal Line Blitz.

The ability to sim games of historic teams is free. Like running the ISU/Hampton match up 5254 times in a row. But they have simulation games that do cost money. Hoops Dynasty is a college basketball game that is $13 per season and each season lasts about 2 months. It has pretty cool recruiting features and is very interactive. If you are the type of person that would simulate seasons in EA sports NCAA football, then this is likely up your alley.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Congratulations on the NC Booya - those early entries are gonna sting for awhile though.

booyaa187

Aug 23, 2006
Congratulations on the NC Booya - those early entries are gonna sting for awhile though.

Thanks! Yea I know, i am gong to go from NC to under .500. I really didn't think either of those players would jump early to the NBA.