What Would You Rename VEISHEA?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
Just to be clear, This is a thread for discussion. News is allowed but frowned upon

Since the task force has decided to rename VEISHEA, what should the new name be?

Current colleges:

Agriculture and Life Sciences
Business
Design
Engineering
Human Sciences
Liberal Arts & Sciences
Veterinary Medicine
Graduate

BAD GESH VASGM?

Did a search of anagrams for the letters, here's what I found...

Bad Shells
Dab Shells
Dabs Hells
Dabs Shell
Bads Hells
Bads Shell
Blah Sleds
Blahs Sled
Bash Dells
Ball Sheds
Balls Shed
Slabs Held
Dash Bells
Shad Bells
Shads Bell
Shall Beds
Shall Debs
Halls Beds
Halls Debs
Slash Bled

I like Blah Sleds, but you can pick your favorite.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Gotta go with New VEISHEA, and then after a few years of everyone hating it we reintroduce VEISHEA Classic. Profit.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Well since they'll be neutering it anyways, might as well call it Diet VEISHEA, or VEISHEA Lite.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seriously, it seems like a joke to try to think of new names. It isn't about the name. The name VEISHEA has just come to be associated with something that remains, whether or not we have a Spring event (or a Fall or Winter or Summer), namely young people like to gather, drink, and have riotous or near riotous experiences. The same problems could easily happen after a Tuesday night basketball game victory if the weather is nice.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011

Bad Shells
Dab Shells
Dabs Hells
Dabs Shell
Bads Hells
Bads Shell
Blah Sleds
Blahs Sled
Bash Dells
Ball Sheds
Balls Shed
Slabs Held
Dash Bells
Shad Bells
Shads Bell
Shall Beds
Shall Debs
Halls Beds
Halls Debs
Slash Bled

VLAD SHAGS LAMBS

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX

Bad Shells
Dab Shells
Dabs Hells
Dabs Shell
Bads Hells
Bads Shell
Blah Sleds
Blahs Sled
Bash Dells
Ball Sheds
Balls Shed
Slabs Held
Dash Bells
Shad Bells
Shads Bell
Shall Beds
Shall Debs
Halls Beds
Halls Debs
Slash Bled

SLASH BLED and make it Korn can be the first headliner.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Seriously, it seems like a joke to try to think of new names. It isn't about the name. The name VEISHEA has just come to be associated with something that remains, whether or not we have a Spring event (or a Fall or Winter or Summer), namely young people like to gather, drink, and have riotous or near riotous experiences. The same problems could easily happen after a Tuesday night basketball game victory if the weather is nice.

I disagree. There's a reason everybody was standing around chanting "VEISHEA" when the light posts were being torn down this year. I wasn't on campus for this riot but I was for the 2004 riot, and I remember that everybody was just waiting for a riot to happen that year. There's a link between VEISHEA and rioting. Sure rebranding it and making some changes won't fix everything. But removing that link will go a long way towards fixing the problem.